Re: Currency update no longer working

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 week ago #305681

Hi NIcolas,

This is their response below:

Thanks for your response.

Would you be able to check with your web developer the IP addresses required for the plugin to function? If you're able to give these to us we can check in our firewall for any potential blocks.

Should the plugin also require any specific ports to function, we can also check with our senior technicians if we'd be able to white-list those addresses for any specific ports, however we can't white-list addresses themselves so we'll need port numbers in order to make any progress.

Let us know how you go with getting this information.

The above is the full response. Please assist further if possible. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 1 week ago #305689

Hi,

It's the IP(s) of the server(s) of www.ecb.europa.eu
ipinfo.io/AS31614
I don't know if they have several IP addresses or only one for that service.
As per the link above, all the IP addresses they own are:
194.42.114.0/23
194.42.115.0/24
195.128.0.0/22
195.128.1.0/24

5 years 1 week ago #305720

Hi Nicolas,

Here is their response:

Hey Clarence,

Thanks for getting those. We've investigated the matter further, and discovered that even when we try to do a curl to the URL in question directly (this goes for both a ping and a traceroute as well), the connection is refused:

curl www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml
curl: (7) Failed connect to www.ecb.europa.eu:443 ; Connection refused

Following this we tried the same thing from a number of other servers and it worked perfectly fine - We're pretty sure this indicates that we've been IP blocked on the ECB's end, so you may need to get in contact with them and see if they've blocked our IP address here: 103.42.110.9

Let me know how you go. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask us. :)

Regards,

Joshua Clark
VentraIP Australia Technical Support

Please assist. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Clarence

5 years 6 days ago #305729

Hi,

As your hosting company told you, your server has apparently been banned by the ECB. So if you want to be unbanned, you would have to contact the ECB: www.ecb.europa.eu/home/contacts/html/index.en.html
You'll have to provide them with the information from your hosting company message.

Also, an alternative is you configure the Hikashop rates plugin to use the Yahoo Finance rates feed. I tried it for you on your website but it didn't work either. So please check that your server can access query.yahooapis.com with your hosting and it should then work with it.
If it also doesn't work for Yahoo Finance on your server and it works for other servers of hosting, then it's not a network firewall issue but an issue directly on the server. Again, your hosting would have to investigate to know which software blocks the connection on your server.

5 years 6 days ago #305746

Hi Nicolas,

I have contacted ECB.

But here is the response from my web host:

Hey Clarence,

As mentioned, to confirm whether any issues will exist for the Yahoo Finance option, we will need a valid IP address or hostname that will be communicating with our server.

Once we have this, we can confirm whether it will be a feasible option,

Regards,

Jacob Mattsson
VentraIP Australia Technical Support

Please advise the IP address and hostname. Thank you.

5 years 5 days ago #305748

Hi,

The hostname is query.yahooapis.com
I can't give the IP address. Yahoo has many IP address ranges and the one your server will use might be different from the one I get on my end based on how Yahoo has configured their servers/networks. But the hostname should be enough.

5 years 5 days ago #305772

Hi Nicolas,

My web host got back to me. Turns out they did in fact block the ECB IP address. This s now resolved. Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds