Different shipping options for different products

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #44841

Hello

I've been working up my site for both members and to sell items ( www.countryalliance.org )

I've been able to set up the items and membership and the shopping cart for them, but what I can't figure out is how to separate:

1. No shipping for membership (only) given it doesn't involve sending anything (certainly nothing requiring packaging) and

2 Shipping for items (caps / stubby holders).

In other words, we charge $20 for membership and that's all we want to charge. We do however want to charge postage for the caps / stubby holders.

Any ideas on how I might want to 'avoid' shipping for the membership? When I set a weight of 0.000 I get an error message that the item is too heavy ... (?)

ta
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #45064

Just set a weight in your items and no weight in your memberships and the system will display the shipping related elements or not on the checkout based on the total weight of the cart. Also, make sure that the "Force shipping methods regardless of weight" option of the checkout tab of the configuration is turned off.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #45066

Ahhh ...it'll be the forced shipping option. I know I've got that set, so thanks for that! Will get back to you if I have any probs

Cheers
Neil

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds