Checkout not working from European countries.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #49026

Hi Everyone,

I tried Hikashop component a few month ago, and I'm pretty happy with it. The shop is set up and seems to work fine from North America. One issue though : the component has some troubles with commands from European countries, and maybe others. The bug was reported by some clients who wanted to buy paintings. At first I thought it was a connection or browser problem, but a few people reported it from different countries, and it seems to be a recurrent. Because I live in Canada, there is no (obvious) ways to solve the problem by myself (because I cannot test it, or even see it), maybe someone in this forum may have a clue about what's happening. Maybe I configured something wrong. So here is how customers described the problem (with aproximative translation):

"The link to proceed payment doesn't work (I'm guessing it's the "Next" button on the checkout page). Nothing happens, even if the mouse cursor becomes a hand (?). Plus once I'm registered, my name become "Mr. Diagramme Circulaire"("circular diagram")".

I research a bit on the internet about that issue, couldn't find anything close enough to my problem. The only thing that made sense was about the rewrite rules of the .htacess file in Joomla, but before going in that direction I wanted to check if there was anything I might be missing.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #49101

If you checkout doesn't work for some countries, it might be because of the configuration. For example, if you only have shipping methods which are restricted to the USA/canada zones, it's normal that users outside these zones cannot checkout.
In such case, you could test that by changing your address.

Now, it could also be something else. Hard to say without a link to your shop so that we can see that.

11 years 11 months ago #49134

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your answer.
There is an existing shipping method for European Zone. Here is the shop www.aliendog.net/artduq .
The problem is : when I'm in Canada, and I try to send a product to an adress in Europe, there is no problems at all. The problem seems to be for people ordering from Europe. Do you need other infos ?

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by BaptisteG.

11 years 11 months ago #49135

Hi,

I'm in Europe (France). I didn't had any problem ordering on your website.
The problem is elsewhere.

11 years 11 months ago #49155

Thank you Nicolas for that info.
My first guess then would be a browser problem. The reports I got were from people using safari. But I tried to order something from a mac with safari a few minutes ago, and it worked... I never thought I would complain about something that works ;). But it's a bit annoying not to be able to investigate the problem fully (because on my end, the component works fine)... Do you know anything about some people experiencing the same problem in the past, that maybe I could refer to ? I've looked around on the web and in this forum, but couldn't find anything close enough... Maybe it's the template, or maybe some internet provider... anyway, thank you for your help.

Baptiste

P.S : If you live in france, i'm assuming you're french. The funny thing is that i'm french too, but we talk to each other in english. Crazy world.

11 years 11 months ago #49225

Indeed that's a crazy world :)

If some of your users say that the next button doesn't work, it might be because the system doesn't find any shipping or payment system for them and thus doesn't allow them to finish the checkout.
That can happen when the shipping/payment methods are not configured properly. For example, if you restrict your shipping methods to the zone USA, people with an address outside the USA wouldn't be able to checkout. And a message would tell them that.
So in that case, it would be good to check:
1. That your template displays messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages
2. That you don't have one of these problems:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

11 years 11 months ago #49485

Merci. Je vais regarder ca de plus près ;). Plus je viens de mettre ma version d'Hikashop à jour, ca pourrait régler le problème.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds