User Points Not Applying to User Profile

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327744

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23

So I'm trying to setup the User Points system, and I have searched these forums for the answer, but I cannot find it.

I've got it setup, it shows up in my checkout flow...but when I purchased items in the test environment...I do not earn any points. So now I'm stuck & I cannot figure

it out. Please take a look at the screen shots and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #327750

Hi,

In the "valid order statuses" setting, you need to enter the statuses for which you want the points to be given. And you need to check that the orders are getting their status changed to the order status in there.
Also, make sure you have added the "points" view to your checkout workflow.
On the checkout, even before finishing the process, you should see the number of points you'll gain in that points view.
Note also that you configured the plugin to not give points when the user pays with points. So if you have points applied to the order, it won't give you points.
Finally, I see you've selected categories in the "product categories" setting of the plugin. In that case, the plugin will only give points to the products directly linked to these categories and not to products in sub categories of these categories.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327762

Nicolas,

I had originally entered "Shipped" in the "valid order statuses" so the customer would earn points one a package was shipped. That did nothing in test. I changed it to "Confirmed"...again, still did nothing.

Orders are earning points in checkout...they just aren't applying to the account of the customer in testing.

Hikashop User Points is showing in the Checkout Workflow, and if I manually put points on the account of the testing user, it shows up in Checkout and gives me an option to pay with those points, reduces the total of the order by those points, and allows me to check out properly at that discounted rate and deducts the points I manually put on the account.

I do see the number of points I will gain on a purchase, they just aren't being applied to the user account once completed the sale is complete.

I do want the user to NOT gain points when using points, that's just double dipping there.

So...as far as I can tell, it is allowing the addition of points during checkout with how I have product categories selected. They just aren't applying to the user account when completing the sale.

So it all comes back to...when the sale is complete, the user account is not earning points.

If you'd like I can send login credentials over so you can go in the back end of the test account and see for yourself.

3 years 4 months ago #327766

Hi,

If you see the points during the checkout but they aren't added after the order, it's likely a problem with the order statuses. since it doesn't find a matching order status, it doesn't add the points.
You need to enter the namekey of the order statuses in that setting.
For example:
confirmed,shipped
The default order statuses namekeys don't have uppercase so it's probably why it doesn't work.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327787

nicolas wrote: Hi,

If you see the points during the checkout but they aren't added after the order, it's likely a problem with the order statuses. since it doesn't find a matching order status, it doesn't add the points.
You need to enter the namekey of the order statuses in that setting.
For example:
confirmed,shipped
The default order statuses namekeys don't have uppercase so it's probably why it doesn't work.

Still not working...

Attached are screen shots. Put shipped in the Plugin Options, Made a Purchase that would have earned me 11 points & completed the purchase. Logged into the back end, marked the items as shipped & checked...no points earned. Waited 10 minutes just in case, refreshed my account in the control panel and checked on the back end...the 11 points are still not earned.

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #327810

Hi,

Then the likely reason is that the products in the order are not in the categories selected in the "product categories" setting of the user points plugin setting.
Try to empty that setting and see if that helps.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327811

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Then the likely reason is that the products in the order are not in the categories selected in the "product categories" setting of the user points plugin setting.
Try to empty that setting and see if that helps.

Attached is the category listing for the products that earn points, to which I was testing the purchase using these categories...while it showed I WOULD earn points, points were never applied after completing the order so it was CONFIRMED, nor after shipping the order so it was SHIPPED. Both of which statuses I tried in the settings...neither worked.

Now...per your suggestion, I deleted ALL of those categories, and tried again...AGAIN, no points earned but it showed I would earn points.

Can I please send you log in information so you can figure out why this is not working? Please let me know where to send it.

Thank you

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #327813

Hi,

PLease provide a backend access along with a link to this thread via our contact form and we'll have a look:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327829

Done...thank you

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 3 months ago #327861

Hello,

I went to your clone test site, and several things surprised me... To be able to go further on your subject can you set up completely from this documentation your using points process, AND reproduce exactly please your website configuration.

I mean, when I arrived on your site, several point wasn't configured like Product categories (like in your screenshot) in Plugins: User Points (System dropdown => Plugins), Valid order statuses (like previously asked by Nicolas) in HikaShop UserPoints Plugin (Joomla Extensions dropdown => Plugins), and even Pay with Points wasn't Published ( System dropdown => Payment methods)...

And so, in order to be able to help you, we have to work on a test site which is indeed a clone of your production site WITH the same configuration on the problem which concerns us immediately, or else it will certainly be almost impossible for us to help you and especially to tell you what to do on your production site.
So we are waiting for you to align the whole to be able to progress on your subject.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327870

Philip,

All of these were setup, as noted above, and I was told to empty some of these items...as shown in the posts above, which I did and responded back that I had done that and the issue was still present, which caused me to ask again that someone go into the test site to see why they were not working both with those spots filled in and with them being blank.

I will re-setup everything in a little while, so it can be tested...but to be honest here I feel like you are scolding me for something I was TOLD to do by someone else FOR testing.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327872

Not sure what was changed, but I went back through and reactivated everything, and now it is working properly and applying earned points to the account.

If you changed something...which I think you did as I don't recall the section "Points earning on categories" having anything listed in it.

Either way...thank you for whatever it was you may have changed.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327895

In further testing...I found this issue and cannot resolve.

Give back points on cancellation is set to yes, but...when I place an order in test, use the points as part of the "pay with points" payment option, then finish using the Square test app and complete the order, it removed the points from the account. When I cancel the order on the back end (changing it from confirmed to cancelled), it does not give the points back.

Thinking I was doing something wrong, I manually put the same points back on the test account. Put the same item into my cart, used the "pay with points" again as before...then removed the item from my cart. Again...points were not returned to the account.

What am I doing wrong here and how can I get the system to put the points back on to the test account?

3 years 3 months ago #327927

Hello,

I never "scolding" people, only guide and explain my idea (specifically if it seems unclear) I guess that maybe your previous issue was one of the configuration points I correct (and details in my previous message) ?

For your current issue, can you re-open the "hikashop" account because I tried to check your backend configuration and it seems that you unactivate this access.
Awaiting your returns to be able to progress.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327964

Philip...I have reactivated the account, thank you for looking.

3 years 3 months ago #327975

Hello,

Can you double-check please ?... I'm sorry from this return but I test several times and I'm unable to go more far than the Joomla Backend log...

Really sorry for this return once again.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327979

Unsure why I'm not getting notifications for responses...I am subscribed to the post, so I apologize for the delay.

I only changed your user status, so you should have been able to log in. As such...I'm resetting the password and emailing over login info to the Contact Us link.

Thank you

3 years 3 months ago #327992

Hello,

We have recieved your new backend access but unfortunately these references didn't work, did you test it yourself ?
Really sorry for this return once again but can you solve this.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328000

Yes...I did test to make sure it functions properly and you would have access. I will delete the account tonight and set it all back up again and re-email all info.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328012

Philip...I've resent credentials

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds