1 page checkout, 2 times confirmation required

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 1 week ago #354648

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hi,

Recently I changed our checkout pages to one single page. When a customer has filled all the fields and hit the Submit button (Aanvraag afronden), the page reloads and show again all fields. The client has to submit again to send the form, but many customers doesn't understand that. So the result is that we face a lot of abandoned shoppingcarts.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
8 months 1 week ago #354650

Hi,

I checked your checkout and the process is normal. Before filling the address information, there is no shipping cost.
Once you fill all the fields and click on the "Aanvraag afronden" button, the shipping cost is added to the cart, so the full total of the order changes.
HikaShop has to display again the checkout page so that the user can see the new total price before creating the order and redirecting to the payment page. It would probably even be illegal for you to have the order created without the user validating the final price.
The problem is that without first validating the address, the system cannot know what the shipping cost will be.

I think that one solution would be to change the "show submit button" of the "login" view to display the "register"/"next" button below the guest/registration form and then customize the show_block_buttons view file via the menu Display>Views in order to display the "finish" button only once hikashop_loadUser() is not empty (meaning that the user filled the guest/registration form or logged in). It would also require a bit of javascript to display the finish button once the user has filled the form.

But I'm not convinced that the users will be able to better understand that the finish button has appeared at the end of the checkout page. I think the best would be a 2 steps checkout so that the user can clearly understands what needs to be done.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 1 week ago #354670

Hi,

Thanks for looking in. I understand that the validation of the address has to be done. But when I use a 2 step checkout (changed that), the same problem occurs. On the page where the customer fills out the registrationform the validation is done after submitting the next button. Then the same page shows again (showing still the first step), meaning the customer has to submit this same next (Verder) button he just clicked. That's really confusing. Wouldn't it be better when after the validation is done the next page shows the updated data instead of showing the same page again?

8 months 1 week ago #354672

Hi,

The page redisplays because you have the cart block displayed there and it changes after the address is provided.
You need to not have the cart block on the first step where the user enters his information.
Then, it will automatically switch to the second page after you validate the information.
Instead of the cart block, what you can do is to display the cart module there. You can use for example the modules anywhere plugin to display the module with a "text" block instead.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 4 days ago #354777

Removing the cart block doesn.t change the issue. I guess it's the payment or registration block but I need to display this on the first page.

• Thank you received: 612
8 months 3 days ago #354778

Hello,

We didn't understand your idea, because when we go in your checkout we can see that the cart block is still here.
See my screenshot :

So can you remove the cart block and allow us to see the context without it, please.
Regards

Last edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 3 days ago #354783

Ok, I just removed it.

8 months 3 days ago #354789

Hello,

We process some tests (with a guest checkout) and now, no need to double-click to reach the second page.
But can you confirm this? And process some test with a registered account and if issue remaining, provide us registered account references.

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide your references, and add an Url link to this topic

Regards

Last edit: 8 months 3 days ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 3 days ago #354793

Hi,

Today I did tests with registration checkout and guest checkout on PC and mobile. In both cases I still have to submit the same page twice? See screencapture: jouwnaambord.nl/images/Video_2023_08_30-1.mp4

Last edit: 8 months 3 days ago by michelpouli.

8 months 3 days ago #354796

Hello,

We process some test (always as guest) and didn't have to "double-click", then can provide these elements :
- Frontend user references
- List with which browsers you use for your tests
- On your side, can you process some test with another browser AND another test in incognito mode (private mode)

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide your references, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic
Regards

Last edit: 8 months 3 days ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 2 days ago #354811

Hi,

I did both tests, but with the same result, see bot screen recordings:

jouwnaambord.nl/images/Video_2023_08_31-1.webm
jouwnaambord.nl/images/incognito.webm

Tests in:

Chrome
Edge
Safari

I did the tests on several computers, pc, mobile and mac

Providing frontend user reference is useless, as I make a new user for every test. After the test the userdata is deleted in the backend.

8 months 2 days ago #354818

Hello,

Please provide these elements :
- Url link to your backend administrator
- Backend user references (with maximum ACL)

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.
Regards

Last edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Philip.

8 months 2 days ago #354835

Hello,

Unfortunatelly on our side we aren't still able to reproduce your issue, and so helping you is really difficult.
Can you process somes test without your current template in order to see if on your side this solve (or change something) your issue.
Then, make your returns.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
8 months 2 days ago #354839

Hi,

Tried this on a testsite with default Cassiopeia template ( michelpouliwebshops.nl/bedrijfsnaambord-...aluminium-20-x-15-cm ), but the issue is the same. Did you receive my credentials in the contactform earlier today?

7 months 4 weeks ago #354910

Hi,

I think that the problem is with your "main tax zone".
I can see that you selected the "europe" zone.
Because of that, before the user enters his addess, he is affected to this zone.
Also, your shipping methods are restricted to different countries.
So before the user enters his address, no shipping method is available for his cart.
However, after the user enters his address, shipping methods are available and the first one is preselected, which changes the total of the cart. Because of that, the checkout system doesn't allow you to move to the next step automatically.
I think that if you change the "main tax zone" to "Nederland", when your customers fill their address in the Netherlands, they will switch to the next step as there is no change in the shipping method of the cart.
A different solution would be to have all on one step so that the page would refresh and then the customer would confirm.
Or a different solution would be to have the login block on its own step. That way, after filling it, the step would be empty and HikaShop would force the user to move to the next step.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 weeks ago #354930

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks. I tried all tree suggestions you made, but the issue stays the same, after entering login/registration page, the same page is loaded again. It's a bit frustrating...

7 months 3 weeks ago #354972

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on your website when I login with the access you provided. I automatically go to the next step now that the login view is on its own.
However, I do see that I stay on the current step if I fill the guest form.
That's because a few years ago, we've added a button to allow guests to be able to modify their email address and thus we didn't want to not allow access to the step in that case so that the user can change his email address if necessary.

What you can do is to add the code:

$user = JFactory::getUser();
			if(!empty($params['register_done']) && !empty($user->guest)) {
				$workflow_step = hikashop_getCID('step');
				if($workflow_step > 0)
					$workflow_step--;
				$checkoutHelper = hikashopCheckoutHelper::get();
				$workflow = $checkoutHelper->checkout_workflow;
				if(count($workflow['steps'][$workflow_step]['content']) == 1)
					return false;
			}
just after:
public function checkMarker($markerName, $oldMarkers, $newMarkers, &$controller, $params) {
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/checkout/login.php
This will force the system to switch to the next step for guests right after they fill their guest form if there is no other block on the current step, but it will still allow them access to the step later on if they wish to change their email address.
We're going to add that patch on our end.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 weeks ago #355012

Thank you Nicolas, that indeed solved the issue!

• Hikashop Business
1 month 8 hours ago #360141

Hello Nicolas,

Still have an issue with the checkout. When the customer chooses the option for using an account during checkout there still is an extra step/page between fiiling out the form and the overview page. See screenshot. I removed the shoppingcart view from the checkout process. On the 1st checkout step there's just 1 textview and the reg form.

Attachments:

1 month 3 hours ago #360143

Hello,

Can you allow us to still access your backend, either by providing these elements again:
- Url link to your backend administrator
- Backend user references (with maximum ACL)

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic
OR
Reactivate the account you previously provided to us (hikaS3xxxxx)
Regards

Last edit: 1 month 6 hours ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds