Need help with image placement - Thanks!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #19672

I downloaded Hikashop to run in a joomla 1.5 platform.

I added three product categories, with general images of each category.

I added products to each category.

On the product page, on the right side of the screen is an image upload. I loaded thumbnails of the products.

In the product description area I added text and full size images.

On the frontend, when clicking on the catelog, I see the categories displyed with the general category images, just as it should.

Clicking on a category, I see the listing of individual products in that category, with the thumbnail images.

But when I click on an individual product, instead of seeing the full size image and description, I see the thumbnail AND the full size image.

How can I correct that??

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by gvinson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 10 months ago #19690

Usually, users don't use hikashop like that. They upload the full size images in the images area of their products. The system generates automatically the thumbnails. Then, on the product page, when the users click on the thumbnails, they see the images in full size automatically. For example, like on that page: www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=83&lang=en

If you don't want the thumbnail on the product page, you can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add the line below after the first <?php tag:

$this->element->images = null;

12 years 10 months ago #19696

I did not know it would automatically generate the thumbnail. So if I remove the thumbnail image, then I should expect it to place a thumbnail based upon the full size image in the product description?

12 years 10 months ago #19719

No. You should remove both and add the full size image in the "images" area of your product when editing it. Then, you will have a display like on that page.

12 years 10 months ago #19793

Yesterday when I posted my question, I was using entirely different language than you, and it was entirely my fault. My apologies.

Later, I went back to the project and the lights came on. I made some changes, then all of the sudden my products just leapt off the page. They just jumped off.

Excellent software. Bravo!!

* I may have some additional questions about manipulating text placement on the individual product pages, and I hope that I can come back here for those answers.

THANKS!!

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 11 months ago #48861

Hi Nicolas,

I am trying to remove the thumbnails from product description, but keep them in the category layout.
I tried to insert the code as above, but that didin't work.
in the file "show" all the php seems to be in gray, which is a little confusing. If I insert the provided code just after 1st php tag, nothing happens.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

11 years 11 months ago #48891

That should still work, unless your products have characteristics.

An other easy way to remove the image on the product page would be to simply hide the left area in CSS like that:

.hikashop_product_left_part{ display: none; }

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds