Add to cart puts nothing in cart

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #28565

It could come from a caching problem so you should make sure that the cache of joomla ( in the configuration and the cache plugin ) are deactivated.
Then, you should activate the debug mode option in the configuration of joomla and turn off the option "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" in the hikashop configuration and try again. Please report if you get an error and what error it is when adding a product in that case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28551

I am having a problem with vibratingIron.com.

If you add an item to cart, the message returned is not the cart page, but a message saying that the cart is empty. Example video: screencast.com/t/FUMrFfDyxbM

Thanks in advance for your help!

12 years 5 months ago #28592

Thanks for responding!

I tried clearing all the cache and ran this through debug mode. I still had the problem.

After playing around for a bit, I noticed I had an empty step in my Checkout Workflow. I added a new step ans some processes and it worked fine. The problem was an empty step, but now have a new problem: How do I remove steps? There is an " add step", but no "remove step" How do I do this?

Thanks as always for your help.

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #28607

The checkout workflow does not have any influence on the cart.
If you leave a step empty it will be removed automatically. That's why there is no 'remove step'.
If that's not the case, maybe you downloaded one of the first build of the 1.5.4 which had such problem. So you would have to redownload the package from our website and install it over your current version to have it working.
The option just after the checkout workflow enables you to deactivate the interface so that you can directly interact with the workflow as saved in the database so you can also use that to change the workflow and remove an empty step.

12 years 5 months ago #30933

i have the same problem, i have followed the steps above and the error message i get is:

Limit reached. You can't add the product: 2.5kW
The cart is empty

What is the solution?

12 years 5 months ago #30934

i have added a step and it worked.... i checked the version andi get the message: You have the latest stable version : 1.5.4

So where do i get the version that works?

12 years 5 months ago #30942

Your problem is different.
That error message means that either there is no quantity for your product or that you set some limits via the limits feature in order to restrict purchases and that your reach these limits. Limits can be set via the limit button on the products listing.
So first please check on that.

12 years 4 months ago #32451

i have checked and there is no limits set at all... and the quantity for products are all unlimited...

12 years 4 months ago #32469

Did you change the option "Maximum number of items in the cart" in the Checkout tab of the configuration ?
Normally, it should be unlimited.

Or maybe you set the options "Maximum quantity per order" or "Minimum quantity per order" of your products to something else than the default values ?

Or maybe you have characteristics in your products and the variants of these products have a quantity of 0.

These could potentially bring the same problem.

If that still doesn't work please provide a back end access to your website so that we can check on that.

12 years 4 months ago #32861

I am also having this problem. I checked version, shut off joomla cach, all products are unlimited, no limit to number of products in cart.
I get the message:
Limit reached. You can't add the product:
The cart is empty

But the behaviour is variable, sometimes I can go to checkout, others I get the message, and sometimes I get the message and it actually removes the objects from the cart. Hope we find a solution.

Thanks for a great cart!

12 years 4 months ago #32876

Could you give a link to your website so that we can see that ?

12 years 1 month ago #43002

I am having the same problem and tearing my hair out... I have to go out for some fresh air before a break something. I have searched all over this and followed the instructions but it doesnt matter what I do I cant get anything with variants (essential) into the cart.

development site is at www.j15.mickturns.com/index.php/micks-products-hika

choose options has stopped working and just tries to add stuff to the cart and fails.

help...

Old and mostly in the way

12 years 1 month ago #43166

Hi,

Did you change the option "Maximum number of items in the cart" in the Checkout tab of the configuration ?
Normally, it should be unlimited.

Or maybe you set the options "Maximum quantity per order" or "Minimum quantity per order" of your products to something else than the default values ?

Or maybe you have characteristics in your products and the variants of these products have a quantity of 0.

These could potentially bring the same problem.

If that still doesn't work please provide a back end access to your website so that we can check on that.

12 years 1 month ago #43547

Hmmm.. well in the "Maximum number of items in the cart" it says.. "Only in commercial versions of HikaShop " so I assume that I could not have screwed that up!

Ensured that the products have the default quantities (Unlimited, 0, unlimited) and I click on "Choose option" - it adds the product to the cart with no options (characteristics). That is no good ... The only products for sale are those with options.

Perhaps I screwed it up trying to do postage by weight -- removed all weights (worry about postage later) tedious to do with lots of similar products.. isn't there an easier way to bulk update? Still "Choose option" adds product to cart with no ability to choose an option.

Ok, I unpublished everything and added a two test products making no changes whatsoever to the defaults -- just a title -- button is just "add to cart" as one would expect. So I added a characteristic with two values only adding titles making no other changes. Now buttons have changed to "choose options" clicking on which just adds an item to the cart with no ability to choose options... help.

j15.mickturns.com/index.php/micks-products-hika

Happy to give you back end access if you set up an account I will elevate your privileges (do you need to be superuser or just admin?)...

12 years 1 month ago #43734

There is a problem in the javascript of the buttons caused by the name of the menu. If you remove the quote from the menu alias, it should then work ok.

12 years 1 month ago #43831

Thanks but the apostrophy (Mick's) was not in the alias and I have removed it from the title (see attached screen shot) -- still exhibiting the same behavour. Philip

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #44018

Could you check that the "Product SEF name" and "Category SEF name" of the configuration of HikaShop don't have a quote ?

12 years 1 month ago #44339

:) :) :)

was: Product SEF name -- Mick's products

Apostrophy removed even though it is correct use of an apostrophy!

Magic... thank you so much. Pleased that it wasn't entirly my stupidity.. now seems to work and I can continue experimenting with Hika Shop and try to understand the postage stuff (pity you dont have a UK royal Mail option!).

Kind Regards

Philip

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds