Coupon Error Code 15008

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #43978

I've noticed that I am now getting the Error Code: 'Error 15008: This transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items' when I try to apply a coupon during checkout. (The transaction is not completed and no funds are received). I have recently updated my site and never had this problem in the past. The coupons work fine in Chrome but I receive this same error in both Firefox and Safari. I know this is a Paypal error code but am wondering if it could possibly be a cart rounding issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #44175

Hi,

Could you do a screenshot of the cart on your website and on paypal so that we can see the problem ?
In some rare cases, PayPal might calculate the total price differently than HikaShop because of rounding difference.
If you want to avoid the problem, the safest and easiest solution is to turn off the option "send order details" in the paypal plugin. That way, only the total of the order will be sent to PayPal and there when be any rounding error possible.

12 years 1 month ago #44565

I should have specified that I am using PayPalPro. I have contacted PayPal support and this is what they said:

You are getting that error because your software is actually submitting 2 line items
but is only specifying amounts or other information for 1 of them. It's basically
sending a null line item so our system is generating that error because it's seeing
2 line items but only 1 set of values. Below is a partial log of one of your
examples:

DoDirectPaymentRequest
method "DoDirectPayment"
version "51.0"
user "sales_api1.hollywoodhairbling.com"
paymentaction "Sale"
currencycode "USD"
amt "4.03"
itemamt "0.08"
shippingamt "3.95"
name "" "Red & Purple: 20in"
number "" "Red___Purple_6"
qty "" "1"
taxamt "" "0"

Have I set something up wrong? Not sure why the coupons still work in Chrome but not other browsers. Thanks so much for your great support.

12 years 1 month ago #44738

I think I know what happens.
Please try to add the line:
if($product->order_product_quantity<1) continue;
before the line:
$vars["L_NAME".$i]=substr(strip_tags($product->order_product_name),0,127);
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalpro/paypalpro.php
That should hopefully fix the problem which I think is related to the fact that you're using characteristics in your products.

12 years 1 month ago #44803

I have added this code in the file specified but am still having the same problem. The coupons used to work fine with the products (set with the same characteristics they have now) but I started getting this error after updating to Joomla 2.5.3 and the newest Hikashop. The coupons work fine in Chrome but not in Firefox or Safari. Thanks so much for your help.

12 years 4 weeks ago #45083

I have also tried without the characteristics but still get the same error.

12 years 3 weeks ago #45950

We cannot get that error in our tests on our end.

Could you do a screenshot ?

Normally, it should not display any warning during the checkout when using a coupon.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 9 months ago #162409

I hope it's OK to resurrect this old thread. I thought about starting a new one, but this scenario is exactly my problem.

Joomla 2.5.22
HS Essential 2.2.2
Payment plugins: PayPal & PayPal Pro (for credit cards)

I do have "Send details of the order" set to yes in the PP plugin.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 9 months ago #162447

Hi,

1. Can you test it without the "Send details of the order" option through your PP plugin ?
2. Can you download the last Hikashop version through our websit, install it, and test it again ?

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 9 months ago #162689

I've turned off "Send details" and we'll see what happens. I get a funny error saying I don't have a valid account when I try to upgrade. I also made some hacks to the HS files to get the display looking right which (yes I know, stupid me) I didn't document, so I need to work through the files I fiddled with to document the changes before upgradign anyway.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 9 months ago #162768

Hi,

If you have trouble to download the version through your account, thanks to use our contact form with your order number.
To edit the views in HikaShop, you can use the overrides in order to not lost anything when updating/upgrading.

hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...ize-the-display.html

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds