Hikashop and accounting software

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 weeks ago #45262

The company I work for are considering moving over to Hikashop for the ecommerce section of their website.

However, they also need to use it with fully fledged accounting software.

Does Hikashop integrate with any accounting software? I have googled this, but cant seem to find any answers.

Thanks,

Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 weeks ago #45406

There is no specific integration for now on that end.
Ther eis a CSV export/import feature that can be used in some cases based on what you want to do.

Otherwise, you might need to develop such integration.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 weeks ago #46409

Hi Nicolas,
Just picking up the thread of this discussion, my company uses Sage accounting software for all of our manual sales accounting. We are a UK company and Sage is one of the main products for accounting. From this and other responses I have seen on the forum I think we will be able to export the details that we need for import into Sage by doing an export from the back-end of Hikashop using some code (I will ask our techies to do this).

However, I have also been looking at how to allocate a 'nominal code' to the various products and services within the our shop. These are codes which are used by accounting software to classify sales of products into various categories.

The nominal codes are for our internal consumption only. They would not be seen by the customers at any time. They would however be available for export along with all the other order data so that we could read them into Sage.

I have had a quick play around Characteristics to set up and store a value in a field I have called 'Nominal Code'. However, even though I have marked it as 'unpublished' it still shows up as a selectable variant on the front end when I view the product I have allocated it to.

I realise this is not ideal. Do you have any other suggestions for storing a product data attribute such as this?

Regards
PhilP

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 weeks ago #46477

You should use instead a custom product field (menu Display->Custom fields in the commercial editions of HikaShop).
That will allow you to add data to the products on the back end.
Then, having the data in the exported CSV of the orders would be possible by editing the file "export" of the view "order" via the menu Display->Views and adding a few lines to load the products data and add the additional information column for that code.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 weeks ago #46493

Thank you Nicolas - excellent support as usual :)

PhilP

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds