Manufacturer product display not working

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 days ago #48271

Hello Nicolas

I have a really odd thing happening to my manufacturers menu > products display, after upgrading from free to business.

It all worked fine in starter, so if you clicked a manufacturer in the left menu it displayed all the products in the main component by that manufacturer. But after the upgrade to Business it just list does a category list page instead. I have tried scrapping the Manuf menu and creating from scratch but I can not get the same result as I did in starter.

I tried to repeat the process in starter and it works fine, so I can only guess this is an issue or bug with business, or something new in business that I am missing.

This is a dev site, I can send you links privately if you like. I have attached 2 screen shots, bot of which are reached by clicking Apex in the manuf menu. 1 is in starter, 2 is in business.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by donzo. Reason: added pic 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 day ago #48365

They must be configured differently. The Starter and Business edition work the same.
Could you do a screenshot of the hikashop options of your apex menu ?

12 years 1 day ago #48423

Hi Nicolas, thanks for replying.

They do look different, but thats the odd thing. I literally have taken a duplicate of the site and updated it to business version. No other changes have been made at all.

I can send you log details if you like. I can roll back to standard version and then you can updated to business and see what I mean.

Thanks

Attachments:

12 years 1 day ago #48480

I would say that you have either a javascript problem on your business website or that you have a problem with your browser's cache/cookies.

Could you try with another browser to save the options of the menu ?
If that doesn't solve the problem, could you look at whether you have error messages in the javascript error console of your browser ?

12 years 1 day ago #48498

I have re-installed business using firefox, now the content menu control panel looks the same as the standard version (no products), but the output front end is the same, no products from the manufacturer, just a category page.

There are no js errors front or back end. I have run the site js off and it still does the same thing.

12 years 1 day ago #48501

Just for your info, I can not create a manufacturer menu from scratch either, that all goes a bit wrong as well.

12 years 3 hours ago #48555

What happens when you create a new manufacturer menu ?

11 years 11 months ago #48708

Very strange things...
I create a new hike module, assign to left position, change hika options to manufacturer, list, 1 col etc, save, and it seems to create multiple associated modules (screenshot1) on each save.
I get the menu ok (screenshot2), but when clicked it takes me to a weird semi version of the homepage.(ss3)

Sorry, maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I don't think so. I wouldn't have thought anything like this should happen just from upgrading the install.

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #48729

I can give you access to a dev version of the site if you like, then you can see for yourself.

11 years 11 months ago #48772

It will be easier yes. Send it via our contact form.
It's just a matter of setting up the module as explained in the documentation. There is no reason it wouldn't work. From what I can see of your screenshots, the "menu" option of your module is not configured properly with a category listing menu.

11 years 11 months ago #48811

Brilliant, I've just sent it over.

11 years 11 months ago #48834

In your manufacturer module, I selected the "manufacturers" menu that you already had created instead of the "dive shop" menu in the "menu" option and it now works.

11 years 11 months ago #48859

Simple as that? Thankyou.

Why would having 'menu' set to 'dive shop' not work in "business" yet it works ok in "starter" ?

I only ask because I would prefer to keep the breadcrumbs as home > dive shop > apex etc, rather than home > manufacturers > apex, as it is on my 'starter' install. Or at least have the choice, or at very least understand why I can't do this in 'business'.

Thanks

11 years 11 months ago #48860

Also, disadvantage of setting the module to "manufacturers " is that I'm not forcing the level 1 top navigation to have "dive shop" set to current?, and as I have "Manufacturers" in the breadcrumb, if that link is clicked I get a Category listing of the Manufacturers that I don't want visible ever.

Many thanks Nicolas

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by donzo.

11 years 11 months ago #48890

It's not a matter of Business/Starter version. Both handle that the same. I didn't check but you must have had used a previous version for the Starter, not the latest one.

We change lots of things in each new version. there must have been something allowing that previously which is not the case anymore in the latest version.
But normally, you should have a manufacturer OR a products listing menu as menu of a manufacturer module.
It's not logical to have a categories listing menu there.

11 years 11 months ago #48901

Ok, I see what you are saying. Im pretty sure it was the latest version of 'Starter' that I was running though.

Anyway, moving on.. so I am now posed with this problem then, which wasn't there before. If you go to the site and click dive shop, the categories are on the left side, you click one and you get the products listing from within that category, and as I have 'dive shop' selected as the menu, the top navigation link "dive shop" is selected still, makes sense as we are still in the 'dive shop', but if you click a manufacturer from the left module, the "dive shop' nav is no longer highlighted, I guess as its not forcing that menu any more because "manufacturer" is selected as the menu.

Any thoughts how to fix this, and as I was saying before, I really don't want to have "manufacturer " in the breadcrumb, as I don't want a Manufacturer list page, I only want access to the manufacturers via the left menu.

Many thanks, for all this, I know we'll get there.

11 years 11 months ago #48903

Just checked, it was Starter 1.5.7 that was installed and upgraded.

11 years 11 months ago #48907

This is interesting (maybe?), I just reverted back to Standard 1.5.7, all ok, upgraded to Essential 15.7, all ok, then upgraded to Business 1.5.7, not ok.

11 years 11 months ago #48956

I checked the code and it work like you want in the starter edition because with the business edition, there is an additional check for access levels which is required and which needs the listing type where that is not necessary in the starter edition. But that doesn't mean that there is a bug in the business edition. The system was just not meant to be used like that.
If you want to change the behavior to be the same as others for that edge case, you will have to change the code:

if(!is_array($pageInfo->filter->cid)){
					$pageInfo->filter->cid = array($pageInfo->filter->cid);
				}
to:
if(!is_array($pageInfo->filter->cid)){
					$category = hikashop_get('class.category');
					$catData = $category->get($pageInfo->filter->cid);
					if(!empty($catData->category_type)) $category_type = $catData->category_type;
					$pageInfo->filter->cid = array($pageInfo->filter->cid);
				}
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php

11 years 11 months ago #48960

Thats BRILLIANT!

Thanks very much.

Can I edit that through the display/views panel in Hika, I can't seem to find it, or only directly ?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds