Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #295222

Hello,
I would like to send an email out to customers to review their product 5 days after the order status changes to shipped. Is there away to do this?

I am wanting the customers name and product details on the email so when they click on 'review' or 'the product' it takes them directly to that product on the website so they can leave a review.

It would also be great to do a similar thing with an abandoned cart.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
5 years 8 months ago #295224

Hi,

You could create a new order status via the menu System>Order Statuses and then configure a mass action to change the status of the orders (with an action order status where you check the checkbox to notify the customer) to that status 5 days after their last modification ( with a filter on the order column order_modified) if the order_status of the order is "shipped" (filter on the order column "order_status") and use a trigger like 'every hour'.
That way, the customer will get an order status notification. And you can customize the email for that new order status :
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...r-status.html#294621

5 years 8 months ago #295252

How do you create a new email for this and also would I still beable to call in the customer and product details into the email?

5 years 8 months ago #295263

Hi,

Since you're still using the order status notification email, it will contain all the information already in there, so yes, it will already have the customer and product details.
The link I gave specifically explains how to create a new html file for your new order status so that you can add custom sentences, links, etc in the email in order to better mean your needs for that email.

5 years 8 months ago #295321

Its great that is displays all the product details however is there away to make them linkable to that product page? I want the customer to receive the email and then beable to click on the product which directs them to the product on the website so they can review it?

I have also tried setting up the mass action however I am not sure if I followed your instruction correctly. For action I am unable to select a new order status 'productreview' I created. and where do I select the delay as I want it to email out 5 days after a order is shipped.

I have attached the settings

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by dancingkazzaf.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295330

Hello,

There's actually no option to do it, so the solution will be to directly edit the preload files of your emails trough the "D:\Programmes\wamp\www\Hikashop3.0\media\com_hikashop\mail" folder.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295388

Hello Thanks but what would I use to call in the link to that product item?

I also mentioned about the mass action in my last post. Can you help me set this up? I have took a screen shot of my settings.

5 years 8 months ago #295396

Hello,

You'll just have to edit the code of the preload file of your email which will require development skills, and change the value that will be added on that PHP variable :

$cartProduct['PRODUCT_NAME']

So that your product name can also become a link to its product page.

5 years 8 months ago #295534

Thanks can you also help me with the setup of the mass action I have put all the details in my previous posts above.

5 years 8 months ago #295535

Hi,

Regarding the fact that you can't select a custom order status in your mass action, that's a bug that we fixed with HikaShop 3.5.0 :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

The mass action filter and action "order status" where looking into the category table instead of the orderstatus table. We've now changed that to use the new table we've added in HikaShop 3.0.0.

So I suppose you're using an old version of HikaShop and if you update your HikaShop, you'll be able to select your order status.

Regarding the delay, you'll want something like that for that filter:
order_modified < {time}-432000

5 years 8 months ago #295562

Hello,
I have updated Hikashop to the latest 3.5.0 version now and the order status is letting me select my custom made one.

I have now added the order_modified fiter as '< 432000' you suggested.

What did you mean about the order status in the filter I did not understand? Is what I am using 'order_status = productreview' correct?

I am looking at mass action and I am wondering how will it know that when a order status is set to 'Shipped' that 5 days later it will change the the order status to 'Review' and send out an email?
There is nothing on there about when the order status is set to Shipped?

5 years 8 months ago #295568

Hi,

Note that you also need the {time} tag which will be replaced by the current date so that the filter can be: order_modified is before now minus 5 days.

You don't need to change your order_status filter. I was only saying that custom order_status can't be selected in mass actions if you don't have the latest version, that's all.

When the order status is changed to shipped the "order_modified" value is update with the current date. So the filter order_modified < {time}-432000 will allow you to pick orders which have last been modified more than 5 days ago and for which their status is "shipped".

5 years 8 months ago #295617

That is working great thanks I have tested it at 1 seconds and it process correctly.

The only issue is I have created a separate email for the Review order status and altered the php on order_status_notification.productreview.preload.php so the product name links back to the product so the customer can review it.

However if I manually change the order status in the backend of hikashop to 'Review' and then set to notify customer this product link I added appears in the email. But if I process the mass action I have just setup which changes the order status to review the email the customer receives doesn't have the changes I made to the preload.php file. This means the link is missing.

Is it using a different email and I can I get it to use my new mail I setup?

Thanks Phil

5 years 8 months ago #295626

Hi,

No, it is supposed to use the same email regardless of whether you change the email through the interface or a mass action.
The code triggering the email notification is the same in the save function of class.order so I don't see why it wouldn't take into account your productreview email overrides.

5 years 8 months ago #295718

Hello in the com_hikashop > mail folder I have only duplicated the order_status_notification do I also need to do the same with order_notifcation too?

UPDATE
I have also altered the order_notification but still the same outcome.
I know you said its not but I have made changes to the HTML of the the order_status_notification and it is definitely does not coming through on the email when processing the mass action. Is has got to be reading from a different email template or ignoring my productreview.preload.php override.

UPDATE
I have been testing to see why it is not reading from my override and have discovered that the emails that I have edited in the backend for order status are for some reason overriding the productreview override.
Is there a way to override my edited change too, as the changes which have been made are the logo and footer text which is required for all outgoing emailers to customers.

5 years 8 months ago #295731

Hello,

As Nicolas said, you'll just have to duplicate files of the "order status notification" email and use that kind of file name for your productreview email :
- productreview.preload.php (which will load displaying information)
- productreview.html.php (which will display loaded information)
- productreview.text.php

Note that you'll probably have to alter the code of the preload and html files according to your needs.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295788

Hello I have already done this. I have already duplicated these files and named them as so.

If you read my explanation above the backend "order status notification" as been edited and is ence also overriding my productreview.preload.php, productreview.html.php and productreview.txt.php files.

5 years 8 months ago #295864

Hello to reiterate what is happening.
I have created a productreview email override for the review status, which when the status is changed manually and I toggle on the send email. You receive the correct email (the 2nd attachment below).

However when I process the mass action to change the status from shipped to review. It sends a different email (not my override email). This is in the 1st attachment below.

Now why is the mass action not using my productreview email override?

Thanks

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #295932

Hi,

To create an email override of "order status notification" specific to one order status, you need to duplicate the file you want to override and add the order status you want to target in the file name.
So for example, suppose that I only want to change the HTML version of the order status notification for orders with the status "confirmed", I would take the file order_status_notification.html.php and copy it to order_status_notification.confirmed.html.php and then do the modifications in that file.
I've done a test on my end and it works the same with the order status change in the backend and the order status change through a mass action. In both case the order status HTML version was used over the default one when the order status was changed.

5 years 8 months ago #295939

Hello,
Something is not working correctly then as that is exactly what I have done. I have attached a screen shot of the copied email file renamed to the name of the review status.

I have also screenshot the main options of the review status settings.

Is there something I am missing?
What settings are you using for the mass action in order for it to work?

Thanks Phil

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds