Integration with Easysocial

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 6 months ago #124664

Hello,
I'm sure you already heard about it, but just in case, I would like to see an integration with the Stackideas components, more particularly with the upcoming Easysocial.
Even better, with all their component, Komento to leave comment, Easyblog plugin to automatically add products inside blog post, and Easydiscuss for customer and vendor support...

I know you are working hard on the development of Hikamarket but just wanted to suggest looking into stackideas as they really are a great company making great component, just like you... :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 4004
10 years 6 months ago #124677

Hi,

Don't worry, we have a feature request section for HikaShop too.
HikaMarket and HikaShop are two different component with (more or less) two different development teams.
So one team is working hard on HikaMarket and HikaShop, the other team is working hard on HikaShop.

We know some people from Stackideas team that we met during conventions (J&Beyond) and I didn't have the time to test their components (see the code inside) but they have a really really good looking (nice interface, easy to use).
They have my card and I have theirs, I am sure that we can make a good integration. But it is right that for the moment, we are a little bit busy with the internal new features :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
10 years 1 month ago #144180

The code is very easy to use and would work well with HikaMarket. If each vendor could have a link from their profile page to their market page, that would be great. Registration, Login, Points and Achievement integration would be awesome too!

10 years 1 month ago #144289

Hi,

EasySocial is already in our TODO list.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
10 years 1 month ago #145046

I suppose no ETA?

10 years 1 month ago #145203

Hi,

I am finishing the new order system for HikaMarket. It will be the main feature of the next release (with other "minor" features).
Just after, I will work on the characteristics/variant in HikaMarket. It is something that I started few months ago but which is not finished yet. It will be the main feature for another release.
Once the characteristic/variants system will be done, the elements in my TODO list are : the integration (Community Builder, JoomSocial. EasySocial, etc).

I can't provide a precise estimation, but this is my development schedule :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: qualakon
10 years 1 month ago #145278

That is awesome to hear, thanks for the quick response.

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 8 months ago #163434

I am also waiting for Hikashop to integrate with Easysocial for a large non-profit university website.

Do you have an updated ETA on this?

There is another shopping cart system ( Quick2Cart )that seems to make its living integrating with EasySocial; however it is not as sophisticated as Hikashop and the support does not seem to be very good.
--
Suggestion: In addition to picking up the name/email/address/etc in the Easysocial profile, a nice feature would be a module showing previous orders. We could then publish this on the Easysocial profile page to totally integrate the Hika.

Thank you!

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sedonasky.
  • Thank you received: 13036
9 years 8 months ago #163491

We didn't move forward on that yet.

Thank you for your suggestion.

9 years 8 months ago #164780

Does Jerome have an approximate timeline for integration with EasySocial?

The approx timeline would help us a lot in building our online university site.

Thank you

9 years 8 months ago #164807

Hi,

What Jerome was talking about was the integration between HikaMarket and EasySocial in order for vendors to have their products on their EasySocial profile page, or notifications of new products etc.
What you want is an integration between HikaShop and EasySocial in order to share the address between them, display the orders history in EasySocial, etc. That's also on our todo list but it's not Jerome who will work on that and we don't have any plan for that in the short term.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #170728

I keep coming back periodically looking to see if HikaShop integrates yet with the StackIdeas software; EasySocial, EasyDiscuss and EasyBlog. I need a shopping cart and HikaShop seems like the best choice except so far it won't integrate with my other components which are from StackIdeas. Hope HikaShop and StackIdeas software integration will come soon. Any work being done on this yet?
I know that Mark from StackIdeas will be VERY helpful to you.
Thank you,
Sean Carney
www.Starch-smart.com

9 years 6 months ago #170860

Hi,

Integrations can be done on both ends. We'll be very helpful to him if he wants to integrate his extensions with HikaShop too ;)
On our end we have a hell of a todo list (just for the payment plugins, we have a list of 60 even though we already have more than a 100 available) and as I said in my previous message, we don't have any plan for that in the short term.
Note that you can also ask our partners for a quote on such integration projects if that's something you would be willing to pay for:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #170866

Hello Nicolas,
Yes, I am sure that the integrations can be done on both ends. :-)
I will let the folks in the forum at StackIdeas know that HikaShop has no intention of developing any integration with StackIdeas software because your plate is full with payment plug-ins. At least for the foreseeable future. They all, like me, can then make the tough decision on where to purchase a shopping cart.
Unfortunately I know that integration is BIG on all our minds there so as good as the HikaShop is (and it seems like the best option) I am afraid that for EasySocial users it is not an option. We are going to have to go in a different direction and use somebody elses product. Since some other shopping carts are already building integration with EasySocial just like you apparently did previously with JomSocial.
Thank you for your reply,
Sean

9 years 6 months ago #170867

I do not think HikaShop understands how good StackIdeas products are and how many people are using their products (and how much business they are losing by not integrating with Easysocial).

• Thank you received: 94
9 years 6 months ago #170965

Perhaps this would be a good project to put out for crowdfunding? While no one client may want to pay the full development cost of EasySocial integration alone, if there is indeed a lot of pent-up demand, it may be possible to fund the development and get it prioritized through a crowdfunding campaign.

Be warned, however, that we've tried that ourselves with a few other extension ideas, and the number of people willing to actually "put their money where their mouth is" tends to be a very low percentage in most cases. It can be quite frustrating to have large numbers of people who say they really, really want something, but when asked to help pay the development costs to make it happen, they are suddenly nowhere to be found. :blink:

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney
9 years 6 months ago #170968

How much would you need to set the crowdfunding goal at?

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #170974

In the meantime TechJoomla is doing a large webinar showing off their Quick2Cart product with all it's EasySocial integrations on Tuesday morning. And, I know a lot of people that have been in the threads about ecommerce and wondering if HikaShop will see the potential to make sales to StackIdeas customers are going to be attending that webinar, myself included.

The reason people LOVE StackIdeas products is because of their great quality and support. In that respect they are very much like HikaShop. I suspect that investing in developing an interface with EasySocial will be a good investment on the part of HikaShop!

Right now everybody will be migrating to inferior eCommerce products because they need the EasySocial integration. And, I believe they will pay, as in PURCHASING HikaShop but do do not believe too many people will crowdsource for it. just my 2 cents worth. Personally that is my situation. I know I would like HikaShop but I need the integration. And, i want to see a committment from HikaShop to the StackIdeas products before I will purchase because once you start with a product it has to be supported. This is the promise that TechJoomla is making as they are integrating may of their products with StackIdeas software.

9 years 6 months ago #171043

Hi,

Please note that I never said that we will never make an integration with EasySocial. I just said that we didn't had such plan in the short term. It will come, when we'll have time to spare on it, or if someone else comes up with it before us.
Thank you for your input. As always, the more people request something, and the more we look at developing it ;)

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #171047

Thank you for considering it! :-). Hopefully you will decide to do that sooner rather than later. StackIdeas produces top-notch software with excellent support!

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by scarney.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds