Pop-Up: "Not enough stock"

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #11347

Hi!

I have the following problem: If I click on the "plus" on the product page a Pop-Up apperas saying "Not enough stock". I can't explain that because stock is set to unlimited.

Fist I thought this is because I have tha max. order quantity set to "1" but changing this doesn't change anything on the message.

Probably there is just one little setting wrong but I can't figure out where :blush:

best regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 1 month ago #11348

Could you give a link that page and a screenshot of the product settings ?

13 years 1 month ago #11349

Link isn't possible because atm the whole site is only available on a local server :(

Screenshot is attached.

But I think the problem is somewhere else because also a change of e.g. the description on the product page doesn't take place in the frontend. In the Joomla settings caching is disabled - any ideas? After save & close and reopening the product the new description is there ... but not in the frontend :huh: Also using another browser (to avoid some caching here) doesn't change anything: backend description != frontend description :blink:

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by RemoteC.

13 years 1 month ago #11350

I see that you have variants so you should check the settings of the variants of your product via the button "manage variants".
Also please check that the joomla cache plugin is unpublished.

13 years 1 month ago #11351

I figured out my problem: I was changing the product page but I need to change the settings on the "variant" site of the product. That's not only a little bit confusing :S

If I now change the max_quantity on the "variant" site of the product e.g. to "3" the pop-up appears when I want to buy more then 3 pieces of this very product ... Is it possible that there was a change on the newest version of HikaShop? I can't remember this pop-up in the previous version.

Edit: you were faster replying then I typing this post ^^

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by RemoteC.

13 years 1 month ago #11352

We indeed added that popup in february because otherwise users might not understand that they reached the limit.

13 years 1 month ago #11354

I understand this problem but this popup isn't very helpful on a product that can't be out of stock ;)

Is this text in some ini file? Or is there the possibility to disable the quantity (plus/minus, input field) on the product page at all?

13 years 1 month ago #11356

All the text in HikaShop can be changed in the config under the tab languages by overriding the default translation file.

You can also disable the quantity field with the option "Display the quantity field on the product page"

13 years 1 month ago #11360

Thank you! Disabling the display of the quantity field is doing it in my case ... hopefully - maybe the project leader has other ideas :side:

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #60184

Hi Nicolas,

:) I have a question for you... I love the way this pop-up appears, but it would be super awesome if it said what the actual stock level is... For exmplape I have 9 items in the store... user adds 10 to the cart, pop notification says >> Sorry we only have x amount of items available

Is it possible?

Believe in Better

11 years 8 months ago #60236

No there is no option for that.
You would have to edit the code of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php but that's not easy to do and you will loose the modifications if you update.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds