Payment needed for Free Download file !

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #58950

I have an mp3 music file which is attached to a product that is marked "Free Download" and the product price set at £0.00. The config>>files section allows mp3 files

Problem: if I buy the product from the web page, I get an email after 9 minutes with no download link, stating that payment is outstanding!!!!! See below which stats the product and price correctly like this:

Name Unit price Qty Total
Fly the Flag Anthem: Full Radio Mix by Liz @ The Curious Studio £ 0.00 1 £ 0.00

BUT to my surprise "Your order will be processed as soon as we receive your payment." :(

What must I change?
Thanks
Shaun
www.team-bp.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 9 months ago #58995

That's the order creation email. It's normal that you don't get the download link in it.
You will get it in the order status notification email when the order will be confirmed.
If you want to auto confirm free orders, there is a plugin that you need to publish which is called "hikashop validate free orders". PLease make sure that it is published on your website.

11 years 9 months ago #59067

Nicolas

Getting better but...

I installed the "Hikashop validate free orders" plug-in and enabled it. Now when I ordered the free product, I got a confirmation email but still no download link. See quote:

"Hi Shaun Leahy,

We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. D6A9 ( www.team-bp.co.uk/index.php?option=com_h...=order&task=show&cid []=69&Itemid=117 ) at www.team-bp.co.uk/ on the 27 July 2012 at 12:37

[then product details]

Your order will be processed as soon as we receive your payment.

Once again, thank you for your order at www.team-bp.co.uk/ . We hope to see you again soon."

Does "free product" type need to be enabled somewhere?
Does the file need to be stored somewhere specific on media manager?
Thanks again

11 years 9 months ago #59154

Replace the file media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.php by the one in the archive included and it should work.

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #59370

Thanks, I installed the file you sent.

This new Download facility is slightly hidden, though is good if users find it. However both people I sampled did not click on the product details for the download facility: instead they clicked "Add to cart" from the category page, which does not work.

I renamed the product to give instructions, to give a chance that users click on the product instead of clicking "Add to cart". But "Add to Cart" still does not work, it sill sends a "confirmed order email" stating:

"Your order will be processed as soon as we receive your payment" for free product.

11 years 9 months ago #59429

The add to cart buttons are working for me on your category page.

If you want to change the text in the email, like for any text in HikaShop, you can use translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds