Too many Characteristics crashes the site.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #59926

So having one or two characteristics is no problem. but try adding like 4 characteristics each with about 10 options and then adding all 4 characteristics to a product and the whole site crashes down with an internal error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #59940

Can you tell me exactly what is your error's message ?

• Thank you received: 13080
11 years 8 months ago #60003

Yes, that's normal.
You have too much possibilities. For example, if you have 3 characteristics with 10 values each, that's 10*10*10=1000 possibilities. That's already too much.
You should indeed transform some characteristics into custom fields ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html ) or options ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options ) so that it becomes more manageable for your server.

Characteristics should only be used when you want to change some of the information on the products (the stock, the price, the image, etc). For choices which do not affect any of that custom fields of the table "item" are the way to go.

11 years 8 months ago #60021

yeah thanks. Does the options on the Business version have dynamic image updates?

11 years 8 months ago #60025

What do you mean by that ?

11 years 8 months ago #60026

when a user selects an option on the product page is there an image for that option that will dynamically show?

11 years 8 months ago #60029

For that you can use a characteristic. With the "manage variants" button you will be able to edit each variant and upload one image per variant. The image will dynamically show based on the selection of the characteristic.

11 years 8 months ago #60033

yes I know that- but I have several differnt types and sizes for my varients and I know if I buy the business version of Hikashop I can limit the number of varients created to stop overpopulation of un-necessary varients- BUT my one big issue stopping me from purchasing this product is that everytime I want to update one of the characteristics I then have to go re-add every single varient with its image price etc. I think this is a great product but until the characteristics have been upgraded in funture versions- I prob am not going to spend the money on it- as this is a major part of my ecommerce website.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds