Product description on variants incorrect

• Thank you received: 18
11 years 6 months ago #68864

I used a generic description on the main product, then added a characteristic for material type.
The descriptions in the variants include the material type.
When displaying product details, the generic description is displayed instead of the variant's description.
Changing the selected item in the characteristic combo box will update the product description, but it would seem the initial display should include the variant description of the characteristic initially selected.

Unrelated, clicking the "back" button from this type of product (with variants) detail page displays an "expired" error in both Firefox and IE...not what I want customers to see.

Firefox:
Document Expired
This document is no longer available.

IE:
Webpage has expired

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by csymmonds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13080
11 years 6 months ago #68970

It's working fine or our end.
Did you change anything in the product page's code ? Maybe it comes from such modification ?

The "error" in your browser means that a form was submitted in the previous page and that the browser has to ask again fo the page on the server. It should normally tell you to refresh the page.

11 years 6 months ago #69055

Perhaps I should have said "product name" instead of "description".

I see the behavior described on your demo site here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...y_pathway=23&lang=en

Initially the name is "Hard drive disk", and though the "1 TB" size is selected when viewing the product, the product name isn't updated to include the size unless you change it from "1 TB" to something else.

I don't see the "Document Expired" issue on the demo site, but am at a loss for what's causing this on our site.
This only happens on product details with variants, and happens when viewing the product from search results or category listing.

11 years 6 months ago #69174

Ah yes. For the product name, that's indeed the case.
We had requests to keep the main product name when you first reach the product page instead of displaying the variant name.

You can change the line:
if (hikashop_getCID('product_id')!=$this->element->product_id && isset ($this->element->main->product_name))

to:
if (false)

in the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views if you don't want that.

For the "Document Expired", you will have the problem on the demo website too (I have it). That's because the pagination system uses POST to send the pagination changes and keep the URLs clean. We could send the pagination changes using the GET but the URLs would contain the pagination variables data, so instead of:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ng&Itemid=70&lang=en

you would get:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...bd8a4b8bdf=1&lang=en

As URLs text is more important than the back button we preferred to keep it like it is actually.

We can't do much in HikaShop.
What you can do is add that line of code at the beginning of your joomla's index.php file:
<?php session_cache_limiter('private_no_expire'); ?>

That will ask the browser to not expire pages and should hopefully "fix" the problem.

11 years 6 months ago #69967

I added this line to the site's index.php and it makes no difference.

The issue / message can be easily recreated. If there are 2 or more pages of products, clicking on a product to view details, then using the browser's back button yields "Document Expired". As volunteered, the same issue is seen on the demo site under the same circumstances.

Hopefully there is a work-around, some way to avoid this as presenting this type of message to the typical customer isn't acceptable in my view. Customers will, in time assume the site is buggy, which undermines a company's credibility.

11 years 6 months ago #70118

Then, you will have to change all the method="post" to method="get" in the view files of HikaShop.
For products listings it's in the files listing_table and listing_div where you will find that on two different locations for the listing_div view file. You can edit them via the menu Display->Views.
You will also have to add the parameters of the URL as hidden fields inside the form, like that:
<input type="hidden" name="cid" value="<?php echo reset($this->pageInfo->filter->cid); ?>"/>
<input type="hidden" name="ctrl" value="product"/>
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="listing"/>
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_hikashop"/>
<input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="<?php global Itemid; echo Itemid; ?>"/>

That will "fix" that behavior. Otherwise, you should see with your hosting company if you can force the non expiration of the forms with a modification of the configuration of your PHP/apache settings.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 6 months ago #70207

Is there a way to force the product details to open in a new window or popup?

11 years 6 months ago #70290

Yes, you can open the product page in a popup. Here is a thread where we talk about that:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...n-popup-product.html

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds