Cart won't progress past step 0

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #70878

Hi,

Until recently my cart was working fine but it just died on me when trying to remove the login section the process. I did as another user did and set login to 'no', and also to 'no registration'. I edited the language files to remove the text (but not the '') for LOGIN_OR_REGISTER_ACCOUNT, HIKA_REGISTRATION, ADDRESS_INFORMATION, and modify HIKA_REGISTER to read 'next'.

Please see the hika.jpg attachment for what I see, and the hika_cart.jpg for my cart set up.

I am stuck and I can't make sales. I have a hika business account and would really appreciate a quick response. My url is notascratch.com .

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #70912

Hi,

I just tried to checkout on your website, and everything seems to be working fine.

For the space, try to apply this property in HikaShop > Configuration > Display the frontend default css:

.hikashop_registration_address_info_line{
    display: none;
}

11 years 6 months ago #70929

Thanks for that but I'm still stuck.

I have all cache cleared, plus user records from hika and joomla, plus removal of all orders. The checkout does this:

• checkout
  • step 1
  • step 2 (this is after the shipping is confirmed)
  • step 0 (with unknown error)

I'm still facing this problem. I have the backend set up like in the attachment.

Luke

11 years 6 months ago #70931

It seems to me that because step 1 moves to step 2 with the confirmation of the shipping, and there being only 3 steps (address, shipping, payment) that this extra step puts it off course. So it reverts to step 0. Any ideas?

11 years 6 months ago #70933

Can you try with another browser ?

On my end I'm going to the Paypal website, look at this screenshot:

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #70935

This is odd. It works now (on firefox and then on chrome). I am seeing that there are two steps now for the address stage, which there weren't when I was trying it before. Does Hikashop cache over time because this either resolves itself with time or by you putting an order through. Mine was a repeated problem.

Also, I would like to update the step titled 'login' in the progress bar to read 'details' - is this in the language file too?

11 years 6 months ago #70936

Yes, the translations related on the checkout start with "HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_" in the language file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lukehold

11 years 6 months ago #70939

Thanks Xavier. I don't quite know what is happening as new browsers show no problems. Chrome seems to be hanging onto something which is screwing it up and not asking for the billing address stage - no idea why.

11 years 6 months ago #70941

Right, in case anyone else has this issue. It is with the browser and clearing the cache not making a difference (it stores checkout details) until the browser is completely restarted. Then it's clean and good to go. Thanks again Xavier.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds