mini cart link may be messed up since upgrade

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #71515

Hello,

I upgraded a while back with the business version update of 2012-6-18 and just noticed that when I get to the check out page, my main menu/module disappears even though it is set to show on all pages. I am thinking maybe something got messed up or did not over write since I have made some changes to the code. I have hidden menu item to cart though so this should make the menu show on all pages.

I have a mini cart showing at the top of my page and when I click the link to check out, the main menu goes away. Any ideas?

theuncommonlife.com/store/

I thought it was this but I checked the raw file and it looks the same as mine so I am at a loss.
Code display:

<a class="hikashop_small_cart_checkout_link" href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('checkout'.$url_itemid); ?>">

thank you, I hope you know what is going on here.

Jessica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #71574

Hi Jessica,

Can you check in the checkout configuration on hikashop if a menu is chosen for the option "Force a menu on the checkout".
If there is a menu, check if the cart module is displayed for this menu.

11 years 6 months ago #71677

thank you for your response Xavier, makes me glad I purchased Hikashop.

I checked the force a menu on the checkout and "home" from the main menu was selected. My main menu is set to show on all pages and my mini cart is set to show on all pages as well so, yes, the cart module is displayed for this menu unless I do not understand what you are saying.

For the force menu option, I also tried selecting "none", hit save, and saw no changes. I still have the missing main menu on my checkout page. I also selected from the hika hidden menu items "checkout"... even though that does not make sense. Just trying what ever.

Any other ideas?

Jessica

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #71981

So you have "home" selected for the checkout menu. It's probably because your template has a special layout for the home page, without the module position where your module is. I suppose that you don't see the module on your front page, even though you set it to display on all pages right ?
The solution is simply, just select another menu in the "force a menu on checkout" option so that it displays with the normal layout of your template and you should then see the module on the checkout.

11 years 6 months ago #72200

I have tried selecting many different menu items just for the sake of it and none work.

I suppose that you don't see the module on your front page, even though you set it to display on all pages right ?

NO, I do not have a special layout for the home page or any page for that matter. The cart module is displayed on all pages / all menu items. Cart Module IS on the front page. You will see that if you were to visit the URL provided. Here it is again;
theuncommonlife.com/store/

Main menu is also set to show on all pages. I only have one layout, one template.

This strange menu disappearance only just started happening around the time I upgraded (after you added voting and comments)

I hope there could some some explanation, thank you for you help.
Jessica

11 years 6 months ago #72472

I can see the cart module on all the pages indeed, but I also see it on the checkout of your website.

So either you found the problem or it might be some kind of caching issue on your end because it's all fine for me.

11 years 6 months ago #72548

no, the mini cart is not the issue, as I said in my original post "my main menu/module disappears even though it is set to show on all pages" during checkout. main menu is at the top of the page.

11 years 6 months ago #72821

Ok.

Please try to select the menu item with the id 112 in the option "Force a menu on the checkout" of the configuration and try again.

11 years 6 months ago #72860

OK, I changed it to what you said. Menu still is missing. After I clear out the cart and page says "cart is empty", I end up on menu id 112 / books and guides.

11 years 5 months ago #73163

I don't see why that would happen. There is nothing in HikaShop which can do that.
HikaShop cannot interact with the menu module.
If the menu module displays on the "books and guides" menu, it has to display also on the "books and guides" menu displaying the checkout.
The only thing I can think of would be that something like Advanced Module Manager would be configured on your website to not display that module on the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds