Authorize.net Error 14 - 2 components using acct?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 6 months ago #72837

For reasons I won't attempt to explain here, I have set up my client with two components that directly access Authorize.net using the SIM method: Hikashop and an event registration component. Hikashop worked fine, passing transactions as expected. I added the second componet with its SIM plugin, and now when I try to run a Hikashop transaction, it errors out with Error 14.

This error showed up when I first entered a Receipt URL for the other component because it did not automatically return the buyer to the website. Entering that URL on Authorize provided a "click here to return" link back to our thank you page.

Do you think it's possible for us to use both components from the SAME website to the SAME Authorize.net account? This is NOT the same scenario as this post:

www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/3...ror-14-response.html

but we're getting the same error number.

I'm really up a creek here and need some insights. Help!

Toolie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #73093

Hi Toolie,

Can you tell me how did you install your "seconde" Authorize.net ?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #73172

It was done with a separate component and an additional Authorize.net SIM plugin for that component. The plugin uses a file that handles the passing of a server response back to the component, telling the component that payment was received. My client had to go into her Authorize.net account and set a Silent Post URL to make that "post-back" work. The component does not however provide a way back to the website for the buyer, so I attempted to include a Receipt URL (a setting available in Authorize.net) that does provide a link the buyer can click. The link goes back to her Thank You page.

My impression is that Hikashop passes both a "silent post URL" and a "receipt" URL as part of its call to Authorize.net. The other component does not.

Toolie

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #73432

That's exactly the situation you're having I think.

The changes you made in your authorize.net account are taking over the information sent by HikaShop during the request and because of that you get such error.
Can you try to revert those settings ?

Ideally, that other authorize.net plugin should also pass the variables silently to authorize.net instead o asking you to enter them in your account.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #73494

I may pay the component developer to pursue that to solve this problem. I do not want to give up either component; each solves a specific problem that my client has and both work well independently.

Any suggestions that I can pass along as to how to accomplish this? Are there specific docs provided by Authorize.net?

Toolie

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 5 months ago #73791

Everything is clearly explained in the documentation of Authorize.net which is one of the simplest to follow.
developer.authorize.net/guides/SIM/wwhel...l/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds