Paypal refund not changing order status

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18523

When I create a test order from my site, and pay using Paypal, I receive the administrative confirmation email stating that:

A Paypal notification was received with the status Completed. The order is now confirmed.

I have verified on the orders screen that the state of the order has changed to confirmed.

However, when I refund the money on the Paypal site, I get another administrative email saying:

A Paypal notification was received with the status Refunded. The order status was not changed

Can you think of a reason why the status would automatically change for a payment confirmation, but not a refund?

FYI, I am using the Paypal sandbox to test this out.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 10 months ago #18525

Yes, I know the reason. That's because it's how we implemented it.
A refund is not something you do often. So we decided to let you know that a refund was made in PayPal but not change the status of the order so that you can take the appropriate action. There is a direct link to the order in that email so it just takes two clicks to do it...

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18526

Good enough for me. Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have something configured incorrectly.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds