selling sponsorships and don't want login

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #26663

First off, I love Hikashop--thanks for the hard work.

I'm using hikashop to sell sponsorships for an event. The sponsorships are exclusive and expensive, so users will only buy one in almost all cases. I don't want for users to have to login or register to buy a sponsorship, but I do need to collect their name, phone and email address. I realize that I can't collect address info without the login form enabled in the checkout, so how can I collect this info? I'm using starter now, but would gladly upgrade to business if needed.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #26682

Hi,

You can do that in our commercial editions (not with the Starter edition).
First, you need to remove the view "address" from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration.
Second, you need to change the option "registration" of the same screen to "No registration".
And third, you need to go in the menu Display->Custom fields in order to unpublish the information you don't need.

Please note that you posted in the bug report forum but that your message is not a bug report. I'll move your post to the appropriate forum.

12 years 6 months ago #26716

I've upgraded to essential, removed "address" from the checkout workflow and set to "no registration" but the shop still has a "register" button and logs me in. I have left "login" in the checkout workflow, so I guess that's why. All I want to do is collect some basic information from the buyer when they purchase so I can contact them--I don't want for them to have to register or login. Here's my page:

www.criticalcommoditiesconference.com/in...ut=listing&Itemid=22

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #26736

If you don't want the login part, you should also turn off the "show login" option of the configuration.

For the text there which still says "register", you can override it easily as with any text in HikaShop via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

12 years 6 months ago #26744

Thanks for the reply. I have "login" turned off and it's not showing up, but the shop still wants users to register. I'm attaching two images, one of the config and one of the front end with the important parts highlighted in yellow. Again, I just want users to be able to pay without the registration, but I do want to collect their information so I can contact them.

File Attachment:

File Name: HikaSS2.jpg
File Size:227 KB

Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #26765

When the No registration option is selected, no registration occurs. The button still shows with the name register but it won't register the user. So it's working as you want.
You just need to change the text of the button to something like "Validate" or "Ok" or "Next" with the method I linked to in my previous post.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds