Broken Update

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #43724

Hi,

I have a site I've been building with HikaShop Business v 1.5.6.

I originally got Essential and an Essential-to-Business upgrade, so when I do a version update I do 2 updates, one right after the other.

Today I updated to 1.5.7, and the Essential part went fine, but after the Essential-to-Business update, the shop is bow broken.

The Checkout link brings up a blank page, and a product listing link will only display the page header h1 and nothing else, on a white page.

This is this way on both J 2.5.1 and J! 2.5.3.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

(For now I'll just revert to 1.5.6.)

Thanks,
Zoltan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #43727

Hi,

You don't need to install the Essential when you update. You can directly install the Business edition install package.

A blank page doesn't tell us much about the problem. If you still have the problem, could you turn on the "error reporting" of joomla to the max in the configuration of joomla and see if you have an error ?

If not, could you then please look at the php error log for the error message ?

12 years 1 month ago #43741

Hi Nicolas,

Here is the error I get when I have "Debug System" and "Debug Language" enabled:

500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1

**You may not be able to visit this page because of:**

**an out-of-date bookmark/favourite**
**a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site**
**a mistyped address**
**you have no access to this page**
**The requested resource was not found.**
**An error has occurred while processing your request.**

**Please try one of the following pages:**

**Home Page**

**If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.**.

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/index.php:48
2 JDocumentHTML->parse() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/includes/application.php:249
3 JDocumentHTML->_fetchTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:414
4 JDocumentHTML->_loadTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:591
5 require() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:531
6 include_once() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/index.php:15
7 CCC_Tools->getCurrentMenuIndex() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_vars.php:33
8 JDatabase->loadObject() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php:94
9 JDatabaseMySQLi->query() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database.php:1033
10 JError::raiseError() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php:396
11 JError::raise() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Let me know if you also need the php error log.

Thanks for your help!

Zoltan

12 years 1 month ago #43744

That error comes from your template. You should ask your template provider's support for the solution.

12 years 1 month ago #43745

Hi Nicolas,

It was just me converting and customizing the J!1.5 Purity template.

Do you think you could give me a little bit of hint/"insight" where to look?

If not, I understand.

Thanks,
Zoltan

12 years 1 month ago #43746

Well I don't know why that would happen unless you're not using your Joomla 1.5 template on a Joomla 1.5 website (the column names changed so you would have to adapt the template code to the new column names).
On Joomla 2.5, the column is called parent_id and not parent. So you would have to change that there I suppose:
templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php line 94

12 years 1 month ago #43749

Thanks Nicolas,

That at least gives me a place to start :)

Hopefully that'll take care of that - I'll keep you posted.

Zoltan

11 years 8 months ago #59348

Hi Nicolas,

I promised to give you an update:

I finally got around to "overhauling" this template and I stripped out any script/functionality I didn't need, and the installation is working perfectly.

Thanks for the pointer on where the problem was!

Zoltan

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds