Can you create an all-encompassing "Sort" filter?

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 week ago #48055

Hi there,

A couple of points regarding the front end of products listing pages:

1) Is it possible to create a single dropdown menu filter entitled "Sort by" giving you options including "Price: low to high" "Price: high to low" "Name: A-Z" "Name: Z-A" etc... If not then it would be really cool to to see this in a future version of hikashop.

2) Is it possible yet to sort products based on their rating given by the new vote functionality? If not then it would be really cool to see this in a future version of Hikashop.

My client has pointed me to >> this website << as a good indicaton of the sort of filtering he would like. Any suggestions you may have as to how I may replicte this using Hikashop would be much appriciated, as I'm having real difficulty working it out.

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by jberry210490.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
12 years 1 week ago #48089

1. There is no option to do that. It's noted in our todo list. In the mean time, you can create one dropdown per sort element.

2. It has not yet been done as the ratings were added only recently. That should be easy to add. Try to add the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'b.product_average_score',JText::_('RATING'));

after the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'price',JText::_('PRICE'));

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/product_informaiton.php and then you should be able to select the rating for the sorting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jberry210490

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 6 days ago #48127

Thanks for this.

Just as a final point on a similar matter...

I can't work out how to get the "number of products per page" drop down box to display. Yet you have iton your demo site. Is this easy to do?

Jonathan

12 years 6 days ago #48172

That should be active by default. We don't have anything on our demo website to hide it.
Maybe ti's your template which is not displaying it ? Why if you change your template ?

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 9 months ago #58935

I am also interested in this funcionality

"create a single dropdown menu filter entitled "Sort by" giving you options including "Price: low to high" "Price: high to low" "Name: A-Z" "Name: Z-A" etc... "

Best! ;)

11 years 9 months ago #58987

It's in the todo, but that's not easy to have a good configuration interface to handle all that.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #68758

Teto wrote: "create a single dropdown menu filter entitled "Sort by" giving you options including "Price: low to high" "Price: high to low" "Name: A-Z" "Name: Z-A" etc... "

Any news on this functionality, my client is requesting it, and is saying "well all eshops ive seen have this option, why cant ours?".

This and batch operations on products, i.e. moving products around and in and out of categories on mass are possible hika killers.

Really really need these! Please!!

11 years 6 months ago #68911

We didn't work on that yet.

We're focusing on multi vendor, recurring payments and joomla 3.0 compatibility at the moment.

We can't do everything at the same time. If you really want it, you can always ask a third party developer to do it for you.
Batch operations can be done quite independently of HikaShop so it shouldn't be a problem.
And in any case, if it's a well made solution (and I encourage your developer to contact us so that we can talk about it) we can include it back in HikaShop.

All I can say is that it's still in the todo list.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds