Recurring Payment

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #54238

Hi,
Is Hikashop any closer to doing recurring payments? Specifically recurring payments with paypal standard?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 10 months ago #54255

Hi,

We're closer than before but not yet.
With the integration we have with Akeeba Subscriptions, you can already sell subscriptions on your website. Next step is to improve the integration in order to be also able to handle the recurring system of Akeeba Subscriptions.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #54275

Right, I've setup a test site with Joomla 2.5, Hikashop, Hikashop/Akeeba plug and Akeeba subs. Everything is working fine, except no recurring payments. I'm really hopeful for recurring payments for paypal standard or pro.

My site is a Moodle/Joomla/Joomdle integration. I would estimate that quite a few of us with this integration would be interested in a Hikashop solution for recurring payments.

At the moment, I'm using Tienda .9 :sick: It's not very stable, goofy sometimes- the support forum and paid support is really REALLY bad.

I'm sure if you were to get the akeeba subs integration with recurring payments sorted out, Hikashop would own that market niche.

You guys have the better eCommerce business solution and support model, keep it up!

11 years 10 months ago #54277

Thanks. It's on the todo list and we hope to be able to do it during the summer.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 9 months ago #56658

Dear Hikashop team

I was wondering if hikashop can manage the same thing (recurring payments).

In addition to regular products we sell also subscriptions, and we use the paypal payment plug in.

It would be very important for me to give my customers the possibility to activate recurring payments with paypal.

I will be waiting the new plug in.
Can you confirm that currently there is no other way to do it?

PS: I tested VM2 and Hikashop, i have the same opinion, your ecommerce extension is great and the support fantastic!

11 years 9 months ago #56715

I can confirm that there is no other way to do it.
You could always have it developed for you by a third party developer if you can't wait for us to do it in a few weeks/months.

11 years 9 months ago #56854

Thank you nicolas as always.

I will wait for you because we will start our website at the end of summer so you should have delivered the new plug-in :)

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #59257

hey guys,

i'm just wondering how this feature is going? we need to be able to do payment plans for our products and i'm just wondering if there is any way of doing this?

we use eway as the payment gateway, i've noticed on some other post someone that changed the eWay plugin to do recurring payments but how do i set this up on hikashop?

cheers,
dan

11 years 9 months ago #59259

We didn't start working on it yet. Note that you're planning on being compatible with Akeeba subscriptions system for that. And Akeeba subscriptions only handles recurring payments with PayPal as far as I know.

11 years 8 months ago #60773

Hello nicolas

My website is almost ready.
Now we would like to introduce the recurring payment.

We don't need any complex thing.
The idea could be to create a new PayPal plug in only for recurring payments.
We have only one subscription (product) that has to use this plug in.
The subscription lasts 1 year, but it allows the user to pay a fee each month.
In my case the subscription "1 month - recurring" costs 19.90 plus shipping fee each month.
The subscription lasts at maximum 12 months.
When the user chooses this subscription and goes to the checkout, I would like to show only the PayPal recurring payment.
When he confirms the payment, I need to activate 12 months of recurring payment with PayPal.
If, after 5 months, a user cancels the subscription, I will call PayPal and suspend the payment manually without any integration with hika.
To be sure to apply the new payment only for this product, I should check that the cart countains only one product (the subscription 1 month recurring).

Do you think is complex to do something like this? Do you think could it works?

I know this is not a perfect solution, But i really need it and i could use it until hika will be ready with this very important functionality.

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Teto.

11 years 8 months ago #60775

Hi,

The problem is that the recurring API of PayPal is different from the normal API.
The simplest would be to create directly a recurring button on PayPal's website and set that button instead of the add to cart button for the product which needs that.
That would skip completely the checkout of HikaShop and HikaShop wouldn't know about it.

Otherwise, creating a proper integration with the checkout would be more complex and require development by a developer.

11 years 8 months ago #60777

Thanks

If the customization doesn't cost to much, I am willing to pay to have this functionality.

Could you develop it for me? Or could you indicate someone who knows hika and is able to do it?

At this point i am talking about the payment integrated with akeeba.
I will be happy to support you in this functionality.
I could pay a part of the customization in order to have asap the recurring payments on hika.
The important thing is to create something you may insert in the next standard hika versions.

I really believe your extension is great and i think that with the recurring payments you will sell more and more packages!

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Teto.

11 years 8 months ago #60846

Hi,

We can do it for you but the problem is that half of our staff in not available during august. So we won't be able to start that before the beginner of September.
If you have short deadlines, I would recommend that you find someone to undertake that. The polished geek team was looking for projects related to HikaShop to undertake:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/profile/userid-8378.html
I would recommend that you contact them. Otherwise, you can also post a job offer on our commercial board.

11 years 8 months ago #60849

Thank you nicolas.

I am really more confident if you can do it.
For me should be perfect to have the recurring payments by the middle of september, so probably i may wait for you.

I don't want to waste your time, could you indicate me (maybe is better privately), approximatively, how much time/money do you need to do the job?
as i told you, the idea is, if it isn't too expensive, developt something you can integrate into the next version of hika.

11 years 8 months ago #61007

Middle of September will be too short for us. I was more thinking about the end of September.
If that's still ok with you, you can send us a quote request via our contact form with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

We would give you a pre release of next version of HikaShop as it will be necessary to modify HikaShop and not only the akeeba subscription plugin in order to handle that.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 8 months ago #62099

We would love to see recurring orders / subscription in Hikashop (reading the message board so would many others!!). We looked at the akeeba subscriptions option. However after looking at the integration we thought it better to modify hikashop to allow subscriptions / recurring orders directly.

We have been experimenting and so far we have:

1) added 2 extra columns to the price table (price_billing_cycle), (price_billing_recurring_times).

We added an type for the billing cycle select option. (May be could done as categories to allow people to set their own billing cycles)

We have modified the price view accordingly in the backend. Now when setting up a product it is possible to set multiple options. For example

product - subscription

price = €5 | billing cycle = monthly | recurring times = 12
price = €50 | billing cycle = yearly | recurring times = 1
price = €120 | billing cycle = 3yearly | recurring times = -1

product - standard

price €120 | billing cycle = none | recurring times = 0 | auto renew = 0

In the first example in the front end the user is presented with the option for choosing which billing cycle of the three they want. Recurring times tells the system how many times to make the payment. If set to -1 the system keeps making the order until the order is cancelled. Obviously if the price of the product changes any customers with product need to be advised.

The second example is how single payment product is set up (as Hikashop currently works)

In the order_product_table we have added the columns (order_product_start) and (order_product_end) as well as (order_product_billing_cycle) and (price_product_billing_recurring)
We are currently working (just started yesterday) on modifying the order class (and others) to automatically create a new order (and if possible take the payment) or send out the invoice for payment when any of the products in order are recurring and have expired.

If the product is set to not recurring infintely we would like the system to send out an email to ask the client if they want to renew at the end of the time period.

Comments ideas welcome. We will gladly share what we have done so far if anyone is interested.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68297

Hello James,

If Nicholas hasn't had a chance to look at recurring subscriptions I am interested on how well your solution is working.

Thanks
Nadja

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #69256

Hello Nadja,

we are currently in the testing phase. In principle it works. We are a few issues with calculating the dates for monthly recurring payments. i.e. should a payment on 31st of one month be on 30th of the next month or the 1st of the month after that.

As soon as we have resolved these issues we will let you know. Thanks, James

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by jameswadsworth.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds