You chose the payment method: translated name

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 9 months ago #58059

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest version (from 5.5) and I notice a bug. On the checkout page at the bottom where it says:

"You chose the payment method: ...." it gives me the translated Dutch name for the payment method, even though the selected language is English. I've attached a screenshot to show this. Also, notice that for the payment options it does say "Bank transfer", only at the bottom it gives the dutch translation.

One other thing, that may not be a bug but that I would very much like to change, is the Tax Namekey that is now displayed (also marked in my screenshot). In the previous version it just said "Taxes", instead of the actual backend name. I would like to revert it to that. Can you tell me what piece of code I have to change to do this?

Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #58066

Hello,

1. Can you please :

- Go to "Hikashop->System->Payment method->'Your payment method'"
- Edit the nameand description
- Save

2. You should :

- Go to "Hikashop->System->Taxes->'Your taxe'"
- Edit the Name and Description.
- Save

Hope this will help you.

11 years 9 months ago #58081

Hi,

I already tried those things.

1) Name and description are correct, both in English and in the translated version. The problem is Hikashop displays the translated version even when English is selected

2) You can't edit the name of your taxrates. Which means I should delete them all and add them all again and give them all the same name ("VAT"). I just want it to say "VAT" and not the actual backend name.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by obsolum.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #58133

1. Can you explain how you translated them ? Which version of joomla you're using ? Did you do any translation overrides ? Did you edit some of the view files of the 'checkout' view ?
Could you give a link to that page so that we can look at the problem ?
More information would help in undersanting how these texts are translated while all the rest isn't.

2. Turn off the "show detailed taxes" in the Display tab of the configuration and it will do that.

11 years 9 months ago #58172

Hi, thanks for your reply.

1) I translated them through Joomfish (translate - Hikashop Payment Methods).
I did 1 or 2 translation overrides for some phrases, but none to do with the payment method.
I did not edit any view files of the checkout view.
Using Joomla 1.5.25.

2) Thanks, that did the trick!

url: www.mobilizeyourdata.eu/index.php/en/pur...erplus-software.html Feel free to test there but try not to place any actual orders ;-p

The issue seems to happen when you switch languages while you're on the checkout page and you have selected bank transfer as a payment option (Paypal is the same in both languages, fortunately :-p).

11 years 9 months ago #58254

Ah ok, thanks to your last sentence I understand what your problem is.
the thing is that the payment data is stored in the session in order to avoid avoid to load it each time.
If you want to avoid that issue, you should not translate it via joomfish but via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

Since the name is actually not overridable, you will first have to edit the file "payment" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
<span class="hikashop_checkout_payment_name"><?php echo $method->payment_name;?></span></label>

to:
<span class="hikashop_checkout_payment_name"><?php echo JText::_($method->payment_name);?></span></label>

Then, if your payment main name is "banktransfer" you will be able to have the translation override like that:
BANKTRANSFER="Bank transfer"

11 years 9 months ago #58312

Okay thanks, I'll have to try that then. But this was changed in the new version then, right? Or otherwise I just never noticed this problem until now.

11 years 9 months ago #58386

It has been like that since the first version of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds