Trouble Setting Up Shop

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #58672

I am trying to set up a very basic product catalog using the current version of HikaShop with Joomla 2.5.6. I followed the tutorial entitled "Content Display on Front End", but I'm not getting the layout I need. The products page shows the name of my product, then a default image with a bar code on it and the word "free", and then the picture of my product. I haven't assigned any categories to the products as there are only a few for now, but if I understood the tutorial correctly, all products will be included when no categories are specified. Why is this image appearing between my product name and its image? Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #58694

Can you give a link to that page so that we can see that ?

11 years 9 months ago #58698

11 years 9 months ago #58699

When you go to the goldengazebo.com link, its the "Our Hika Products" tab I am trying to set up. I'm hoping to replace the "Shop For Products" tab which is a VirtueMart page. I am hoping that HikaShop will give me more flexibility to format a better looking product page than I have been able to achieve with VirtueMart.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #58761

I actually don't see any products on your listing page.
Can you do a screenshot of the hikashop options screen of your menu so that we can see how you set it up ?

11 years 9 months ago #58786

Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply. In complete frustation I have deleated everything I had done in Hikashop and am going to give it one more try from the beginning. I've posted a request for guidance under the subject "Getting started with HikaShop". I hope to find some clear, straightforward instructions relative to setting up multiple products and setting up one main menu item entitled "Products" which would take the visitor to a page with multiple products shown along with pictures and Product name for each. Clicking on the item would result in a larger picture and description of the item. My goal is to replace the "Shop for Products" link on my site that I created with VirtueMart. I'm trying to have a similar presentation, but more flexibility formating the layout. The site is: www.goldengazebo.com . I apoligize for posting this request under two separate posts. My second post was a request for more detailed information. Thank you for yur response.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds