Error with Downloadable Product, PayPal won't proc

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #67232

I am using the free version of Hikashop (1.6.0) on Joomla 2.5.7. We have specified a file location (in this case, Amazon S3 with proper permissions) and the file is present and available. We are only accepting PayPal.

I can log into the website, add the product to the cart, and make the jump to PayPal. It correctly displays the product, allows me to log into my PayPal account and displays the Pay Now button. I click Pay Now: after a while, it refreshes the screen without displaying a confirmation that payment has gone through. Then it displays an error that says:

"This invoice has already been paid. For more information, contact the merchant."

then the link to return to merchant, then....

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to <merchant email> and try another option.

Checking the order in the cart, I see this error:

Test Product Test_Product Package 10 / Order status does not permit download / Until the 28 September 2012 08:55
[that's 4 days from today's date]

I have not set ANY kind of advance date on this file; both the Product Available From and Product Available Until fields are blank. I have NO idea why this order won't process, and we're unable to launch the product until this is resolved.

We have PayPal Standard configured ( www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr ) correctly I think, because it's getting us to the cart. But payment doesn't go through.

Any ideas??!!

Toolie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #67365

Hi Toolie,

I think that checking the " Paypal payment issues " documentation will really help you :).

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #67501

Actually no, it did not help.

• The tests I ran were all brand new sales in this account. There were no duplicate order numbers; Hikashop properly incremented the numbers.
  • This page doesn't help with the download being prevented and a future date being cited as the reason.

Anyone have any ideas?

Toolie

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 7 months ago #67678

The solution is clearly explained on the link Mohamed gave:

It is possible for Paypal to report an order as already being paid if they have received an identical invoice number in the past. That can happen when for example you were already using another e-commerce solution before switching to HikaShop with your PayPal account.
There are a couple ways to resolve this issue:
In Your Paypal Account:
Login to your Paypal account by going to www.paypal.com .
Click "Profile" on the top menu bar.
Under "Selling Preferences", click "Payment Receiving Preferences".
Under "Block Accidental Payments", choose "No, allow multiple payments per invoice ID".
On the HikaShop side:
Open your phpmyadmin (a tool provided by your hosting company in order to administer your database) and select your database. There, increase the auto_increment value of the hikashop_order table by running a query like this:
ALTER TABLE jos_hikashop_order auto_increment = 100000;
That query will result in the order id of your orders to start at 100000. That way, it won't conflict with other e-commerce application using your paypal account with order ids starting at 0 like HikaShop does by default. Note that if you use another table prefix than jos_ you need to change it to your table prefix in the query.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds