Pre-Sale Question re Product Options

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #67235

I am planning on rebuilding my website and am looking for an alternative to Virtuemart.

I have several variations of the one product which I need to be able to configure. For example, I need the customer to click on the design they like, which will take then to the product details page. Then I need to have the options in a drop down like, t-shirt, hoodie, singlet, etc. When they click on the t-shirt, I then need them to choose a size and colour (but I only want the sizes and colours that the t-shirt is available in to be displayed).

You can see an example of what I mean here: sictees.com.au/store/green-lantern.html

Is HikaShop capable of doing this? I'm happy to purchase the business version, but having this capability is absolutely essential.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #67247

Hi,

Yes Hikashop is able to do it by using product's variants, you can for example check this web site to see what you can do with hikashop.
Hope this will help you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shamrockshirts

11 years 7 months ago #67466

So just having a look at the back end, I want to make sure I understand how this is set up.

My design would be the product, then would I set up the Tee, Hoodie & Singlet as options? And within those options, set up the appropriate size and colour as variants?

Okay, I've just been having a good look through and I think I have my head around it. Does this sound like it is the correct way to set up:

Product = Design. Within that product, the Option = T-Shirt. Within that option, the Option = Size. Within that Option the Characteristic = Colour.

That way I can set up different size and colour combinations for the original options (ie t-shirt, hoodie, singlet)

Is that the right way to do it?

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by shamrockshirts.

11 years 7 months ago #67537

I didn't really understood but I'll tell you how I think that you should set your product, you should :

- Go to "Hikashop->Products->Characteristics"
- Create 3 new characteristics named T-Shirt Style, Size, Color and add their values

- Go to "Hikashop->Products->Add a product"
- Set your product like you want to
- Add your 3 characteristics through your characteristics tab
- Then manage your product's variants through the "manage variants" button

11 years 7 months ago #67631

No, that wouldn't work because the same sizes and colours are not available for each item. (ie t-shirts have different sizes to hoodies) Also, each item needs to have it's own description.

11 years 7 months ago #67704

you can manage each variants quantity and description if you want to, then you'll have some variants not available and different descriptions.

10 years 1 month ago #147069

Hi i am creat export component and so for me need sample from data base when i go to Hikashop->product->brand_name->product_name in product name have button Manage variants if you click this button turn up table like this

|Code | color | shues size | price | Quantity | Published |
|code| red | 15 | 10 | 1 | ? |

and how i can get this information with sql sample i am try like this

$sql = 'SELECT product_code, product_name, product_quantity, characteristic_value
FROM i1gmn_hikashop_product, i1gmn_hikashop_variant, i1gmn_hikashop_characteristic
WHERE i1gmn_hikashop_product.product_id = i1gmn_hikashop_variant.variant_product_id
AND i1gmn_hikashop_variant.variant_characteristic_id = i1gmn_hikashop_characteristic.characteristic_id
AND i1gmn_hikashop_product.product_name LIKE "'.$like.'"';

it worked but information shows uncorrect how i can get variant information like this

|Code | color | shues size | price | Quantity | Published |
|code| red | 15 | 10 | 1 | ? |

please can you give me sql code?

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Мыктыбек.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 1 month ago #147088

Hi,

What I suggest is to create a massaction via the menu System > Mass action, and create a filter to export the desired content.
Then enable the Joomla debug mode, and execute the mass action, you should see the executed requests and that will help you to create your export component.

10 years 1 month ago #147204

Hi thank you i can't creat via menu System > Mass action can you give me just sql code please?

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Мыктыбек.

10 years 1 month ago #147266

Hi,
Note that Mass Actions are available for all HikaShop versions and available via the menu System>Mass actions.

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds