Upgrade from Hikashop 1.4.3 to 1.5.4

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27655

I upgraded from Hikashop (business) 1.4.3 to 1.5.4, (Joomla 1.5.22) and got the following error in the administrator screen when trying to view the products:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class hikashopPublishedType could not be converted to string in /home/benshosh/public_html/test/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/listing.php on line 31

In addition on the site itself, when refreshing the cart, products get duplicated.

I am trying the upgrade on a test subdomain of my site.

Thanks for your help

Yossi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27656

For the error on the products listing of the back end, if you download again the install package from our server and install it, that will fix it.
For the other problem on the front end, we are not able to reproduce the problem.
Could you give a link to your website ? Do you have that on all products or only some of them ?
Do you have options or characteristics for your products ?

• Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27663

Hi Nicolas,

I downloaded the package again and installed it but got the exact same error on the backend.

For the front-end refresh problem the site happens with all products for example:
test.kabbalahinsights.com/products/the-72-names-cards

Thanks
Yossi

• Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27668

Correction, the front end problem only happens with some of the products, not all of them

• Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27670

After double checking, the front end problem happens with all products.
Refreshing the cart causes duplication.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27685

If you had overridden the cart file of the view checkout, it might be the problem. Someone else actually had the same problem today and reverting the override solved the problem:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...e-anymore.html#27682

For the error on the backend, that new package definitely fixes the problem. If you still have it, it means that the files weren't updated properly (it's actually the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php if you want to put it manually from the back/views/product/view.html.php file of the install package).

• Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27708

Reverting the override on the views did solve the front end problem. Thank you!
The backend error is still there even after I manually put all the files in the directory administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/
and replaced them with the package I downloaded

The error I get is:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class hikashopPublishedType could not be converted to string in /home/benshosh/public_html/test/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/listing.php on line 31

• Hikashop Essential
12 years 6 months ago #27710

OK I finally downloaded the correct package and the product view in the back end now works

I must have downloaed an older cached copy before...

Thanks

Yossi

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds