Shipping Logic

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #26731

Do you have the ability to manage shipping logic by product instead of weight? For example, if Product A costs $10 to ship and Product B costs $12 to ship, if a customer purchased Product A and Product B the cost to ship is $22.

If necessary, can we pay you for custom programming to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #26750

The shipping is only done globally, not on a pert product basis so that would indeed require a customization.

If you're interested, you can contact us via our contact form for a quote.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #27589

I second for shipping method by product and shipping logic. I have quite a variety of products and services. I still have trouble with all online shops for my products and shipping. Unfortunately VM is the online one for Joomla that can nearly accommodate me. But anyway here are some of the scenarios I have.

1. Products that can be shipped by Australia Post (Express, normal or registered)
2. Products that have a fixed postage price (they are sent Australia Post but product is custom made for each order so fixed prices based on number order are applied)
3. Products that are too heavy to be shipped by Australia Post. Local Pick up only or Contact Us for courier arrangements

The problem I have with the above is that if someone orders one product from each of the above, the shipping cost that shows is for the product with the fixed price. It actually should show that fixed price (product 2) plus the Australia Post price (product 1) and also advise that Product 3 would require collection or to contact us to arrange for a courier. And there are some products under no.3 above that have a fixed delivery fee if quantity ordered is greater than X.

I have many products that do have fixed products by quantity or weight range that are drop shipped - my supplier sends them on my behalf directly to my client and bills me for the postage.

The other thing I offer are services where there is no shipping costs involved. So if someone orders some products then one of my services, postage can either be delivered when the service is conducted (at clients premises) so the product has "free shipping" in that instance OR they should be able to get another shipping method saying "Send my my goods prior to the booked service" which happens quite a lot. The other thing that is difficult with services is adding a "Call out" fee which can either be fixed for one or more services OR can be based on the distance client is from the shop which should use a cities postcode list.

Its pretty complicated with so many different things but they need to be catered for in some way in an online shop. Currently I need to have 2 seperate shops for products and services and even then I can't charge a call out fee for the services based on distance traveller.

I really would like to use Hikashop as really sick of VM and my test Hikashop is great - just the shipping letting me down. Hopefully the above makes sense.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #27590

I second for shipping method by product and shipping logic. I have quite a variety of products and services. I still have trouble with all online shops for my products and shipping. Unfortunately VM is the online one for Joomla that can nearly accommodate me. But anyway here are some of the scenarios I have.

1. Products that can be shipped by Australia Post (Express, normal or registered)
2. Products that have a fixed postage price (they are sent Australia Post but product is custom made for each order so fixed prices based on number order are applied)
3. Products that are too heavy to be shipped by Australia Post. Local Pick up only or Contact Us for courier arrangements

The problem I have with the above is that if someone orders one product from each of the above, the shipping cost that shows is for the product with the fixed price. It actually should show that fixed price (product 2) plus the Australia Post price (product 1) and also advise that Product 3 would require collection or to contact us to arrange for a courier. And there are some products under no.3 above that have a fixed delivery fee if quantity ordered is greater than X.

I have many products that do have fixed products by quantity or weight range that are drop shipped - my supplier sends them on my behalf directly to my client and bills me for the postage.

The other thing I offer are services where there is no shipping costs involved. So if someone orders some products then one of my services, postage can either be delivered when the service is conducted (at clients premises) so the product has "free shipping" in that instance OR they should be able to get another shipping method saying "Send my my goods prior to the booked service" which happens quite a lot. The other thing that is difficult with services is adding a "Call out" fee which can either be fixed for one or more services OR can be based on the distance client is from the shop which should use a cities postcode list.

Its pretty complicated with so many different things but they need to be catered for in some way in an online shop. Currently I need to have 2 seperate shops for products and services and even then I can't charge a call out fee for the services based on distance traveller.

I really would like to use Hikashop as really sick of VM and my test Hikashop is great - just the shipping letting me down. Hopefully the above makes sense.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27600

Your needs are indeed complex. However, it could be done with HikaShop by building a custom shipping plugin for you. That would allow to calculate the fees based on some products custom fields so that it wouldn't whether the product is sent by you or by your supplier, etc.

However, doing it with the default shipping methods in HikaShop is indeed not possible. They haven't been made to work like that. You would have to hire a developer to develop such custom shipping plugin based on the australia post plugin and the manual shipping plugin.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds