Couple of potential issues - themes / postage

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27037

Hi

Templates not showing - I seem to have issues with Hikashop not always picking up all of the templates on sites Ive worked on (visible under Display -> Views). Is there anyway I can force Hikashop to refind all of the joomla templates that are on the system? I am putting variants of the same template on my website and differentiating them by the "name of the directory in templates" and adjusting the
templateDetails.xml to reflect the new <name>name of template</name>

Re-ordering shipping options - when I adjust the order in which shipping options are listed utilising the standard Joomla 1.5 arrows (for ordering) the item gets duplicated (visible under System->Shipping methods)

Hope this helps, if one is not an issue but a result of the way Im replicating templates is it possible to force hikashop to see the changes immediately? I only ask as I might need to create some new variants on the template and waiting hours for the changes to show in hikashop isnt really going to work going forwards.

Kate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27042

Hi,

The changes you make in Display->Views are always done only for one template. If you sometimes don't see the modification, it's likely to be because you edited the view for another template than the one you're using.

When you add a new template, an easy way to put all your view modifications to that new template is to copy from your current template folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop to the same location in your new template. You can do that view FTP.

For the reordering of shipping methods, that's something which has been corrected in the latest version of HikaShop. The problem won't occur if you update.

12 years 6 months ago #27186

Hi, many thanks for the tip, could I ask if there is anything else id need to do as I still dont seem to be able to see all the templates used on my site in hikashop. Is there anything else I might try.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Kate

12 years 6 months ago #27187

Aaaah I see, I hadnt assigned the joomla template which was missing in the Hikashop views area to any pages in my website! As soon as I did the template appeared in Hikashop!
*phew*
Kate

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds