configuration tab blank white screen

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #11667

Hello,

When I click on the configuration tab in the backend I get a white blank screen...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 1 month ago #11668

Please activate temporarily the debug mode in the joomla configuration and try again. If you still get a blank screen, please activate the errors display:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That should enable you to get an error message instead of a blank screen.
Otherwise, you will need to ask your hosting company for the PHP error logs of your website.

The error is either because of a memory limitation of your hosting (it might be possible to increase it), or a processing limit (it's also possible to increase it), or maybe a bug in hikashop (but way less likely since it works everywhere else...)

13 years 1 month ago #11733

Hi Nicolas,

I just contacted my hosting provider and they said to setup a php.ini file, and asked this: "You may need to check with the developers of the script to see which memory needs to be increased and what the value should be."

Thanks for your help :)

13 years 1 month ago #11746

First in your php.ini, you should activate the display of errors like explained in the link of my previous message. That way, you should get an error message instead of a blank screen and we will be able to tell you more precisely what is the problem.

There is only one memory_limit parameter in the php.ini configuration. You need to add it like that in your file:
memory_limit=64M

13 years 1 month ago #11761

Hi Nicolas,

I tried the debug mode and nothing happened, then I looked at the php.ini file and it looked like this:

register_globals=Off
safe_mode=Off
allow_url_fopen=Off
allow_url_include=Off
disable_functions=show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open
open_basedir=/home/c/public_html:/tmp:/logs

and was too scared to touch it because I have stuffed things up before by not knowing what Im doing! Do I need to add display_errors = On to the file?

If I reinstall will I lose what I have entered into Hika Shop?

I just got this error now:

500 - An error has occurred.

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1062 - Duplicate entry 'MFLS7' for key 2 SQL=UPDATE `jos_hikashop_product` SET `product_name`='Honourable Sample',`product_url`='',`product_meta_description`='',`product_keywords`='',`product_code`='MFLS7',`product_tax_id`='',`product_sale_start`='',`product_sale_end`='',`product_quantity`='4',`product_min_per_order`='0',`product_max_per_order`='0',`product_weight`='10.000',`product_weight_unit`='kg',`product_length`='5.000',`product_width`='5.000',`product_dimension_unit`='cm',`product_height`='5.000',`product_published`='1',`product_access`='all',`product_group_after_purchase`='',`product_type`='main',`product_description`='

I'm very confused sorry :huh:

Hope this helps...

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Bugger101.

13 years 1 month ago #11763

Yes, you need to add the line display_errors=On in the php.ini file

If you reinstall hikashop you won't loose your data but I doubt that it comes from that since apparently other pages works ok.

Where did you get the update query error ?

13 years 1 month ago #11766

I just added the display_errors=On to the file and uploaded it, tried clicking on configuration backened again, and still a white screen...

Update query error? 500 error?: I just got that error when I clicked save in a product after changing settings etc

Can other extensions cause this?

13 years 1 month ago #11772

Could you give us a back end and FTP access to your website so that we can look at your problems ?

13 years 1 month ago #11935

You replaced the file amdinistrator/components/com_hikashop/types/quantity.php by the file components/com_hikashop/view/product/quantity.php
Please only modify the views of HikaShop via the interface in the menu Display->Views so that such problems do not occur.

For the product issue, I just created a product called "test_hikashop" on your website and then tried to save it again and didn't had any problem.

13 years 1 month ago #12055

Thanks Nicolas! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

13 years 1 month ago #12197

I figured out why i was getting the 500 error, I was trying to save a product with the same product code as one that already exised. When I changed the product code, it worked fine :)

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds