Spanish translation

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 month ago #41770

Hello

I have noticed important errors in the spanish translation, I would like to help with a more professional translation.

I have done translations before for Joomla components in spanish (VM, Artio's invoice etc)

These translations seem to be done in some cases by south americans (latinos) which speak and write really different from us here in Spain:

ie: States: "Estados" = There are no states in spain but "provincias".

Calle (street): That should be "Dirección" (Address)= an address doesn't have to be a street.

and a big etc.

If you send me the files for the administrator + frontend + plugins I would like to help.

Spanish is the 2nd/3rd language more common and used and would be nice to see a good translation of it as I am going to do it anyway for my Hikashop website.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 1 month ago #41888

Hi,

Thank you for your offer.

You can fix your translation file via the Languages tab of the configuration. There is only one file for all the components/modules/plugins.
Once you're done, you can use the "share" button to send it to us and we will update the translation file on our end for next version of HikaShop with your modifications.

12 years 1 month ago #41999

BTW Nicolas I noticed in the english translation it says street also instead of address, that address can be a street an avenue etc:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by manuxx.

12 years 1 month ago #42177

In english, it is common to define that line of the address as the "street line" regardless of the type of street, so that's normal.

12 years 1 month ago #42179

Hi Nicolas

Sorry but that's not correct, that line should be address in english (British) and American english. That's how you will find it in every e-commerce cart, anyway in spanish is not correct so I'll change it there as "street" makes no sense.

Imagine street= avenue or square. All are inside the address.

Regards

12 years 1 month ago #42183

Thank you for your input. In any case, you can change it on our end via a translation override.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds