FaLang has made an extension module for Hikashop

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 9 months ago #203219

Hi,

Did you follow the instructions ?
Did you enable the settings "Activate the edition of content in multiple languages" and "Translation published by default" of the HikaShop configuration ?
Did you go in the Joomla language manager via the menu Extensions>Language manager of your Joomla backend and in the "Content" area, made sure that you already had one entry for each language of your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #203272

Hi, this is what I said, when I go in the backend and in the tab for the langauges, It sais that it is not possible to Activate the edition of content in multiple languages, as in my template I don't have the full extension of hikashop.
So, my questions were:

1) Which version of hikashop must I use?
2) Where can I take it?
3) If I install the new version of the plugin, Will my items be deleted?

Thank you
Raffaele
:)

8 years 9 months ago #203287

Hi,

You can use either the Essential or the Business edition.
You can take the Essential edition here:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hika-essential.html
Your items won't be deleted when you upgrade.

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 8 months ago #244739

the new GUI in hikashop configuration show in documentation is not the same has now ( june 2016) . A item has been remove and i don't know how hikashop manage fr-FR_com_hikashop.ini using hikashop GUI ( configuration) . I download manually the file . To master joomla and hikashop i need to know what do the CMS behind and not only howto do thing .

1- Does hks change the configuration in falang component configuration . I can see for falang -> content element the name of hikari
What do the last item call "hikashop file" ? Does it mean a mapping beetween path file name or a way to call the same file but with a different path name ( alias) ?
2- all is relative i nthe description to hikashop component but what about language for module hikashop extension ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 8 months ago #244752

Hi,

0. We're going to update the documentation. The published by default setting has been removed and translations are now always published when created.

1. The HikaShop Files content element allows you to translate the title/alt of images and the name of files for different languages, or even to sell different files for different languages, or display different images for different languages by changing their path via Falang.

2. The title of modules can be translated through Falang with the corresponding content elements, even for HikaShop modules.
The rest of the HikaShop module (the products/categories names, etc will use the translation you configured in the products/categories).

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds