multilingual joomla 2.5 + hikashop essential?

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #81683

Hallo,

I have created three languages on my website: nl, en, de. Now I try to modify hikashop. What is the best solution to connect joomla with Hikashop?
I have in joomla three categories (for each language the separate category). How can I hikashop modify in the same way?

Vero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
11 years 4 months ago #81694

Hi,
You should install Falang on your website and you will be able to translate the content of HikaShop via Falang:
www.faboba.com/en/composants/falang.html

11 years 4 months ago #81705

I wil not Falang, I wil not translators. I have specifical text (not much), translators translate my content very bad. I see transleted all hikashop modules, I think, that hikashop text also wil be tranlate. Content I wil translate myself.

My question was, what the best configuratie way is?
Joomla is great and has more funtions. I ask myself, why hikashop (joomla extension) makes so difficult. Why is need Falang? Why can not directly connect?

Vero

• Thank you received: 13066
11 years 4 months ago #81707

I'm not sure what you want ? If you just want to have HikaShop in your language, you can get the translation file as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html

Well, I wanted to give you the easy solution to translate your content... Falang does not translate the text for you. You have to enter the text in it.
If you want to do without Falang, that's still possible but it's more complex. You need to create several main categories in HikaShop, one per language. Then, create several menu items of the type hikashop category listing, one per language, and assign each one to the corresponding main category with the "associated category". Then, you can have your categories and products in each language category in HikaShop. When you change your language on your website, the menu item will change and thus it will change the categories/products displayed in the menu. But as I said, that's more complex to handle than with Falang.

11 years 4 months ago #81717

Thanks. I have not much text, also only two categories. I think, this method is not difficult for me. And I think, that also less problems in future. More extensions, more work, more problems, I saw that in forums. My website is not big.

Than, the same way if in joomla.

Thanks, Vero

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds