Order status notification emails not translating

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #107404

Hi!

I am running Joomla 2.5.9 with Hikashop 2.1.3. My site is running three different languages and I have problem with the translation.. When the customer registers an account, the registration confirmation email language is the same as on the site at the point of registration, same with the order confirmation. But when I want to send out order status notification emails, it's not translating (except for one word. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 10 months ago #107516

Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?

10 years 10 months ago #107544

I sent you a private message. Thank you!

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 10 months ago #107568

Hi there,

Your problem sounds strange since only one word is translated.
I saw you made some customization on the emails, are you sure the translations you are using have a equivalence in your language files?

10 years 10 months ago #107575

Yes I'm pretty sure, I have checked it many times so it should be the same. I have removed the HTML and Text customization from the mail, but the same problem occurs. I also downloaded the language file and overrided the old one but no luck.

I ran out of ideas and I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Update -- the emails are only working with language I've set to site language, so when I change site language to english the mail is completely in english. The problem is that none of the other languages work.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by raggie.

10 years 10 months ago #107736

I found out that I hadn't translated the "order statuses", so that's why only the one word was "translated".

I removed the email customizations and reloaded new hikashop language files for all languages, but still doesn't work.

When I change the language to i.e. english, the email changes to english, but then none of the other languages work.

I think it's strange when the "User account" and "Order creation notification" emails work in all three languages but none of the others.

Please help!

10 years 10 months ago #107737

Now I saw this post: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/2...ides-and-emails.html .

Is it the same with Joomla 2.5? The e-mails can not be translated?

10 years 10 months ago #108161

Hi,

I did several tests on your website and the emails I received had the translated order status and all the text of the email was also translated (I don't know if both where in the same swedish or finnish as I don't know any of these languages, but there was no english in the emails I got). I added you as the recipient of the email so that you can see what I got.

Regarding the other post, the issue has been fixed since then so it's not linked and you don't use translation overrides as far as I could see so it's not related.

10 years 10 months ago #108215

Hi,

Yes, as I said, if you set the site language to Swedish then the Emails are in swedish. The emails you got were all in Finnish because the site language is set to finnish. So something is still messed up.

10 years 10 months ago #108717

Hi,

I'm not following you.
I your previous message, you said "When I change the language to i.e. english, the email changes to english, but then none of the other languages work."
In your last message, you say yourself "The emails you got were all in Finnish because the site language is set to finnish". That contradict completely your previous message.
Basically, what I understand from your last message and from my tests is that regardless of the language you set on the frontend you always have the correct language in the emails.
So I don't get what is "still messed up". What is the problem then ?

10 years 10 months ago #108738

- My site language is set to finnish.
- When I want to send out the, lets say confirmation emails, they are not translated (except for the registration and order confirmation).
So, if I register and order when I've set "english" as language on the front-end, the account registration confirmation and the order confirmation are sent to me in english but when I change the order status to confirmed then the email is sent to me in finnish.

- I tried to see if there was some problem in the translation by changing the site language in the back-end. That's when I changed to english and all the emails were sent to me in english, so the english translation is working, but it does not send out emails in finnish and swedish.

So my problem is that I don't want to change the language in the back-end all the time to send out the confirmation emails in the right language. THAT's still messed up.

I'm sorry you didn't understand, hope you understand better now.

10 years 10 months ago #109141

Hi,

So I tested on my end and it's working fine.
I then also tested on your end and that is working fine too.

Here you can edit the test_hikashop user's frontend language: www.entrostud.com/shop/administrator/ind...r&layout=edit&id=848
Here you can change the status of the order to send the status notification:
www.entrostud.com/shop/administrator/ind...=order&task=edit&cid []=146
You can see that if you set the language of the user to Finish, the status notification will be in Finish and if you set the language of the user to English the status notification will be in English.
So the language of the notification is automatically in the language of the user regardless of the language of the administrator. However, if there is no language set for the user's preferences, that will use automatically the language of the administrator interface.

So the issue is actually not that HikaShop doesn't use the language of the user but that the language of the user is not set during the registration.
For joomla, they came up with an option to add a language selector on the registration form:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=26717
I'm not really found of that for the registration form on the checkout. I would prefer to force the language directly based on the current language.
To do that, you will need to add the code:

if(HIKASHOP_J25){
				$config = JFactory::getConfig();
				if(HIKASHOP_J30){
					$locale = $config->get('language');
				}else{
					$locale = $config->getValue('config.language');
				}
				$data['params']=array('site_language'=>$locale);
			}

after the code:
if(HIKASHOP_J16){
				$data['groups']=array($newUsertype=>$newUsertype);
			}
in administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds