Make Payment and Shipping Method to Match Language

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 2 months ago #141562

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :

I am confused about where to specify some settings in Hikashop to match the language.
There are Five major things which do not respond to the selecting language...?: (I couldn't find the relative settings.)

1. Payment methods. (This is very urgent because different countries/areas may have different prevailing payment options.)
2. Shipping methods.(This is very urgent because different countries/areas may have different shipping options.)
3. Custom Fields (ex: the items to be shown in the registration Form)
4. Shopping Cart's content.
5. The order notification emails' templates.

It seems to be very complicated to configure the above settings' corresponding languages...or maybe countries?
and I've been trying to figuring it out but still unsolved.

Please give me a hand. :) :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
10 years 2 months ago #141578

Hi,

1. 2. Shipping and payment methods can be restricted by zone with the option of the same name in the options page of each plugin. It's not complex at all. Simply select the zone you want for your shipping/payment and it will only appear for that zone on the checkout.
3. Custom address fields can be displayed/hidden based on the country selected using the "display limited to" option of each custom field.
4. I don't understand what you mean. It's the user which adds the products to his cart and by default the cart content is empty...
5. The email templates text will change automatically based on the language of the user as long as you setup the translation files for the languages you want to support on your website. There is nothing to change in the emails for that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tinachou

10 years 2 months ago #141610

Hello ,

1. 2. Okay, I understand.

But how to select multiple countries ? it seems not working when choosing multiple counties at the same time for a shipping/payment method.

On the other hand, I created 3 shipping zones, which are Asia, Americas, and Europe, and match different shipping method to each zone.

And then I created a field called "shipping_zone" to appear in the front end registration form.

However, during the checkout process, the shipping method did not respond to the selected zone.

My idea was to let customers to choose their shipping zone, and then the program/code will distinguish their chosen area in order to display different shipping method. But it looks like the program/code didn't get the right information about zone. :ohmy:

Did I miss any step? :blink:

Another problem is, I created a manual shipping method and specified its shipping cost to be "8.5 USD" .

But it turns out during the checkout flow, the shipping method displays "8TWD", as seen below.

It looks like the currency is mixed together.?

How can I make the currency becomes "USD" when the website is in English? And becomes "TWD" when the website is in Traditional Chinese?

3. Okay~ I understand.

4. While putting stuff into shopping cart, and then, switch to another language, the item's name that was already in the shopping cart will not automatically change its language. So you will see items with different languages appearing at the same time. Is this a bug?

5. Okay~ I understand.

Thank you very much. :) :) :) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tinachou.

10 years 2 months ago #141768

Hi,

1.2. The system only apply the zone restrictions to the state/country custom fields so there is no need for your shipping zone selection. You just need two things:
a. you select the shipping zone you want for each shipping method in its zone option
b. in the options of each shipping zone, you select all the countries of the zone in the sub zones listing.
That way, the system will make the link between the country in the address, the shipping zone, the zone restriction and the corresponding shipping methods.

3. HikaShop automatically converts the price of the shipping method to the current currency. So it actually converted the 8USD to TWD and since you have a currency rate of 1 between both currencies (you can edit them to change that) you see the same nubmer for the TWD currency.
Usually, you configure the geolocation plugin in order to set the current currency based on the location of the user when he arrives on your website:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hop-geolocation.html

4. I don't have the issue on my end and HikaShop doesn't store the name of the products in the cart (it retrieve it dynamically on each page) so I don't see how that could be possible that you don't get the product names in the current language.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tinachou

10 years 2 months ago #141848

Hi,

Your advises are appreciated and helpful!

For the currency setting, some problems occurred,

(1) Is it possible to have more than one "main currency"?

I noticed when I set the main currency to be "TWD", all the prices of products will automatically change to "TWD" even if I've assigned the price in USD.

For example, the product's price will display like 390 TWD ($13), instead of 13 USD.

The reason why I need to have two main currency is because I hope:
a. when the website is in Traditional Chinese, the product's price can display in "TWD";
b. when the website is in English, the product's price can display in "USD" .

(2) Is it possible to install two "paypal" plugins?

As you see in the screenshot below, paypal was set to match three shipping methods, including "Oversea shipping (Americas)", "Oversea shipping (Europe)", and "宅配".

The paypal charging currency was set to "TWD", which will make the paypal bill be calculated in "TWD".

However, I hope "Oversea shipping (Americas)" and "Oversea shipping (Europe)" to match "USD" paypal billing,
while "宅配" match "TWD" paypal billing. I assume this could mean I need to install two paypal plugins.

In fact, I've tried to install "plg_hikashoppayment_paypal" again, but there is still one paypal plugin in the hikashop payment method list in the back end.

Because I changed many codes before not by Display->View, I wish not to update the hikashop business version for now until I did a fully examination.. ( Though I actually downloaded the new version, and I discovered that it offers the duplication of payment methods, which is awesome! ). Is there a simpler way I can do to have another paypal plugin so I can assign the billing currency to be "USD".

(3) For the exchange rate, I've set up the USD's rate compared to "TWD".

Do you also mean that by installing the plugin, I can have the exchange rate be updated automatically?

:) :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tinachou.

10 years 2 months ago #141971

Hi,

1. Yes, you can have several "main currencies" with the geolocation plugin. It will set the current currency automatically based on the location of the user if configured properly.
It's normal that you see 390 TWD ($13) when the current currency is TWD and that you only entered the price in USD. If you don't want to display the original price, you can disable that in the configuration with the corresponding option for the display of converted prices.

2. Yes. You should not reinstall the plugin. You can do it since HikaShop 2.2.0 as HikaShop now supports multiple instances of payment plugins. And yes it will require that you update HikaShop if you have an older version. If you didn't do the changes via the interface, you will indeed loose your modifications when you update and there is no easy way of getting that new feature than updating as it required lots of changes a bit everywhere.

3. If you configure the HikaShop rates update plugin and the cron task of the configuration, you can have the currency rates updated automatically yes.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds