Multilingual Hickashop

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #151662

-- url of the page with the problem -- : moodleshop.wideservices.gr/index.php?Itemid=138
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 33.0.1750.154
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :

Hello,

I have a Joomla site in 2 languages, I added the second language for Hikashop, so the description of the products it's ok.

But i don't have the "association" between the product1-gr and the product1-en when i change the language of the site. For example if i am watching the product1 and I change the language, automatically i will return to the homepage. Also the titles don't change from one language to the other only the description.

I should mention that the products are moodle courses , so I am using Joomlde also.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #151768

Hello,

We have bought Hikashop and we have the problem we have mentioned before. If I wasn't so clear about something feel free to ask me in order to explain. Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #151778

Hi,

HikaShop does not work like that.
If you want to have a multi-lingual organization, you have to use components like "Joomfish" or "Falang".
At this moment, you will be able to create specific translations for the translated elements of your products.

Because products have an unique product code, you can't say that two products are the same. They will have two different product code, two different id, so it will be two different products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #151795

Thank you for the quick reply.

I was trying to login to the site Faboba and with few attempts to login my IP was banned. Is there another way to find Falang free download ?

--

edit: Nevermind fixed!

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by wideservices.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #152255

Hello,

I installed Falang and everything is ok after the configuration for the two languages.

After enabling sh404SEF, Falang doesn't work properly. It doesn't translate and also i get 404 error from the sef plugin. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #152272

Hi,

The best will be to see that with the Falang and the SH404Sef support teams.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 11 months ago #152629

Hi
in jed hikashop write ""+Integration with sh404SEF and Joomla's SEF system"""
for translation wich SEF extension is the best ?
is there difference beetween nsh404SEF and Joomla SEF ssytem ?
Does Falang and SH404 support team resolve the issue ?
Does hikashop website use sh404 for Resolve “Page Not Found” ( HTTP 404 code ) ? .
Regard's

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 11 months ago #152637

Hi,

There is no difference between Joomla SEF and SH404SEF for HikaShop URLs.
We don't use SH404SEF. We've always used the default Joomla SEF system which is good enough for our needs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

9 years 11 months ago #152882

Hi
Did the team for the extension you buy /use have help you ?
regard's

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #158078

Hi,

I have attached the issue I have found in my eshop. When I enter a product from the search filter the url is from a menu and the language switch module is fuctional. When I enter the same product from the front page - from component- the language switcher module doesn't work in order to change the language. This happens in both languages.Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #158791

Hi,

Do we have any ideas about this problem? Do you need any more details or testing? by us?

Thanks in advance

9 years 9 months ago #158845

Hi,

If you see component/hikashop in the URL it means that you didn't enter the id of a products listing menu item in the menu/itemid option of your search plugin/filter module.
So please check that. Then, the results page will display links without the component/hikashop and instead it will have the alias of the menu item, like on your other screenshot.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #158901

Οk thanks ! I changed from the content modules the associated menu and it worked! Thanks a lot!!!

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #159461

Hi Jerome,

We really appreciate all your work (and Hikashop), great product, great support.
sh404SEf is almost unavoidable for those already working with it (in our case upgrading from J1.5 to J3.3 we want to maintains as
I know it's not in your hand to make Falang and sh404SEF work together, but for those wishing to use Hikashop in a multilingual web shop Falang is mandatory (more so if we want stock control – anyway it would be a nightmare duplicating products per language). And much automatic URL compatibility as possible – as having the same component generating the SEF URLs with the same rules certainly helps).
So I would ask your help in bringing this guys together to make their components play along.
Stéphane from Faboba seems a sensible developer (I just traded a couple emails), the sh404SEF guys maintain good forum support but for some reason just don't seem to be willing to go that extra mile (tough I understand that 'mile' could be out of their responsibility).

Again I understand this is in no way your responsibility but it affects quite a lot Hikashop users a lot. If we take for granted that a multilingual Hikashop really needs Falang (Native Joomla Multilingual not being really pratical) then for those users of your sh404SEF just won’t work.

If possible please take a look at the last posts in anything-digital.com/forum/extension/sh4...is-not-an-array.html

And also at the last ones in anything-digital.com/forum/extension/sh4...bilingual-sites.html

I'm available to help in whichever way I can. It will be great for a lot of user if we can pull this trough.

As a last resort do you know of any good SEF component (like sh404SEF) that will work with Falang and Hikashop?

Best regards

VC22
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Manuel TT.

9 years 9 months ago #159471

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't do much to have Sh404SEF and Falang work well together. First we don't know well the code of these extensions, and second they're not our extensions.
All I can do is send an email and see if we can have both parties cooperate together (I've done that).

On our end, we always use the default Joomla SEF settings and it's working well enough for what we need.

9 years 9 months ago #159531

The review from users in jed speak about
the history of the extension ( buy by a company)
the bad support

regard's

it a shame Sh404SEF is in the good place in the jed
49 extension use the word Sh404SEF in their jed description
23 extension use the word JoomSEF in their jed description
10 extension use the word AceSEF in their jed description
never trust website but only forum

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by lionel75.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #159582

Thanks for your contribution Nicolas,

I understand that the most you can do is what you’ve just done, incentivize Falang and sh404SEF developers to make this happen.
There’s some ongoing talk and further explanations form sh404SEf support going on at anything-digital.com/forum/extension/sh4...rray.html?p=2#p59748 , let’s hope something good comes out of this. I’ll share whatever positive results arise here in the forum.

As much as I would like to haqve this trio working (Hikashop + sh404SEF + Falang) I must have a plan B (and I should start working on it right now). So:
a) can you tell me if you know of any good SEF component that will work nicely with Falang (and Hikashop)
b) would it be feasible to have Hikashop working along the lines of Joomla Native Multilingual feature, i.e. possibly creating ‘new’ products for each language and then relating them allowing both that one leads to the other when changing language and that stock updates (incoming and outgoing) affect both (i.e. that they effectively share a common stock, either with a single database entry for stock quantity or with a reliable sync mechanism?). In a way don’t you already affect related products stock when you use Options in products? (I’ve not tried this feature yet but from what I understood this kind of stock update mechanism could already exist there).

I understand sh404SEF is not indispensable with new Joomla SEF but it will sure make for cleaner URLs and more intuitive navigation the way we envision our shop, not to mention extra SEO and SEF credits so crucial for a web shop. On top of that we need to update from a J1.5 Virtuemart solution with sh404SEF and maintain lot’s of links while redirecting others (the one from the products) and sh404SEF would be crucial both to implement and monitor this

Again I appreciate all your work and your effort in bringing this two developers to the table. This time around they must do it (and the Joomla world will be an even better place - not to mention Hikashop ecosystem;)

Regards

VC22

9 years 9 months ago #159653

Hi,

I'm glad to see that the issue has moved forward a bit. Let's hope that a solution can be found rapidely.

a) why not the joomal default SEF system ? What do you need that requires a SEF extension at all ? I don't know what SEF extension works well with Falang. I've never done a website which required at the same time Falang and a SEF extension. Maybe @lionel75 has a suggestion on that ?

b) In that case, it would be easier to just have true multilingual support by default included within HikaShop. That's on the todo but don't expect anything in the short term.

c) You're talking about extra SEF and SEO options but HikaShop already includes all the necessary SEO options to have a good SEO on products/categories/brands/etc pages. I don't see what we would require a SEF extension unless you really want specific URLs for your HikaShop pages that can't be done with your menu structure and HikaShop SEF options (but that's not anymore about SEO, just about cosmetics), or unless you also want advanced SEO options for your other content (Joomla articles, etc).
Now regarding backward compatiblity with the previous system, yes, redirection of the old URLs can be an issue with such migration and keeping SH404SEF on the website will certainly help ease the migration process if you're not a master of htaccess redirection rules and conditions ( we migrated our own website from 1.5 to 3.x without any SEF component, most of the links changed, but we were able to handle URL redirections without a SEF component, so it's not impossible).

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #159799

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your helpful insights and concern for your users (well beyond the call of dutty).
I’ll seriously have to consider dropping either Falang or sh404SEF, at least for the time being.

It’ll be another great addition to a great product when you have Hikashop with Multilingual support natively supported and I appreciate your attention on sharing the timeframe could be distant (so I won’t count on it for the time being).

As for your analysis on point a) and c) it made me think and rethink. Backward compatibility is one of the top issues, and I’m a bit afraid having a bunch of redirect rules and explicit individual redirects in htaccess file might be heavy on the server (we’re talking a couple hundred custom redirect lines ).
About the need for advanced SEO and SEF part of it is cosmetic, but cosmetic that has to do with some graphic printing as well (so it’s cosmetic with a marketing view;). But I’ll rethink it and better exploit Hikashop built in functionalities in this field. I’ll also take a look at Joomsef or other component fellow Hikashop users might recommend. I’m aware doing too much cosmetics on the links might lead to conflicts (different contents or views sharing the same URL), so it’ll require some managing.

Again I can’t thank you enough the support and dedication you show and provide to your clients (I would say fans), one thing is for sure, Hikashop is the solution I’ll build the new shop around.

My best regards

VC22

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 9 months ago #159885

Hi,

I have contacted sh404 team to find the best solution to have hikahsop - Falang and sh404 working together.

Stéphane

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds