Produkt name translation in invoices

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #160467

Hi,
I'm trying to find a way to change the language of the product name. All other information are changing when I switch to another language. Only the product name stays in the language of the order. I understood that the name is stored in the database, but there must be a way to show the translated product name, because it is also in the data base. Unfortunately my php skills are very limited and I need some help here.
Thanks
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 10 months ago #160543

Hi,

That's not easy. You need to edit the file "invoice" of the view "order" of your backend template via the menu Display>Views and chagne the display of the product name to :
1. load the translation data from the Falang/Joomfish table with a query to the jf_content or falang_content table where the reference_id correspond to the product id of the current product, with the reference_table being hikashop_product and the reference_column being product_name for the language_id you want.
2. display that the value from the result of that query instead of the order_product_name if you find a result.

9 years 10 months ago #160553

Hi Nicolas,
I don't use Falang or Joomfish. Why is there a possibility to translate the product names, if I can't use this translation in an invoice?

Anyway, nothing is easy in Hikashop unless you are pretty good in programming which I'm not. I just learned that guest checkout is not working with downloadable products. That would make the whole HikaShop unusable for me, because I imported over 4000 customers from Virtuemart and they won't be able to use their mail address anymore for new orders.
I tried for three weeks, but I'll give up now and go for your money back guarantee. It's a shame because I already put so much work in designing my website around HikaShop, but this is a deadend...

Sorry and thanks for the effort
Roger

9 years 10 months ago #160661

Hi,

Translation of the product names allow you to have different product names for different languages on the frontend so that each user sees the products in its own language.

HikaShop guest checkout IS working with download products since a few releases. What you have read about that must be outdated.

9 years 10 months ago #160686

Hi,
yes, that is clear, but why can't I use the translation for the invoices as well? I don't understand why I have to install Falang/Joomfish to translate it, if a translation is already there.

I tried guest check out with downloadable products. It works until the client tries to download the file. He has to login to download, but as a guest, he doesn't have an account to login. How can a customer download without logging in? I searched the forum and found this information from last November:
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/863840-...r-guests.html#133825
Now you say it is possible, but how?
Thanks
Roger

9 years 10 months ago #160723

Hi,
I spent another two hours of trying. Once the link in the status mail worked and I could download the product. But then I tried again and it didn't work anymore. Always sent me to a page that says 'Order not found'. Here is the link:

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Rokell.

9 years 10 months ago #161058

Hi,

Your link is working fine. I was able to get your PDF just by clicking on it.
So as you can see, the guest checkout and the download system are working fine together.
There is nothing specific to do for that to work. The customer can just click on the download link of the notification email.

I'm not following you regarding the translation. You say that you already have the translation without falang/joomfish ? How do you have it then ? Did you duplicate your products, one per language ? If that's the case, installing falang/joomfish won't help you and it would be quite hard to have a different translation display on the invoice in that case.

9 years 10 months ago #161074

Hi,
indeed the like is working now. Maybe my computer cache stored something from my previous test orders that blocked the download...

Anyway, the translation I'm talking about is in HikaShop/Products. If I click on one of the language flags a pop up opens. There you can translate the name, description and meta data etc. for each product. So why do I need a third party component like Falang or Joomfish?

Attachments:

9 years 10 months ago #161168

Hi,

The interface to add the translations via the HikaShop product edition page is indeed inside HikaShop. However, HikaShop stores that data in the JoomFish/Falang table so that the JoomFish/Falang system can then handle the translations replacing on the frontend (which is quite complex to do).
If you don't have Falang/JoomFish on your website, you won't see this interface so I presume that you either have one of these installed, or you had one of these before you uninstalled it (but you still have the tables of JoomFish/Falang in your database and thus HikaShop believes that you still have Falang/JoomFish installed).
But for the translations to be replaced on the frontend Falang/JoomFish needs to be installed and activated. Otherwise, you might get the data of translations stored in the JoomFish/Falang table, but there will be no replacing on the frontend and you'll always see the same text.

9 years 10 months ago #161293

Hi,
alright, that explains a lot! I updated my website from 1.5 where I used Joomfish to 2.5 and then to 3.3. I don't have Joomfish installed, but you assumed right and the tables are still in the database.
I would like to use the Joomla translating system and no Joomfish. So far Joomfish doesn't support Joomla 3. Does that mean I have to install Falang to get translations for the shop? And what about the rest of my website? Do have to do the translation through Falang because of HikaShop or can I use the Joomla build in translations for articles and menus? In that case I would need two modules for the translation flags...
Best
Roger

9 years 10 months ago #161299

Hi,

JoomFish doesn't work on Joomla 3.x but Falang does.
You don't necessarily have to have JoomFish/Falang to translate products but we recommend you do.
Without JoomFish/Falang, you could do like you do for Joomla articles: having one product/category per language. However, products often handle stock and there are some other particular cases which doesn't work great that way, and thus, it is not a practical solution compared to what can be done with JoomFish/Falang.

Of course, you can still handle translations with the Joomla system and use JoomFish/Falang only for HikaShop. Both systems can work together. And you won't have two modules since JoomFish/Falang are compatible with the language selection module of Joomla.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds