8 years 3 months ago #225403

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8 -3.4.7 - 3.4.6 - 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 43.01 - Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m

Hello,
Have a Happy New Year!!!
I need your help please!!!
This is the first time to use hikashop (2.6 version), and I have problem with the greek language. I wrote the problem to onother topic many days ago, but none answer!
On front end all show good, but on the source code the options value of characteristics - variants dont show to greek but with special characters as you can see.
I boutht essential version to use options, but they have the same problem, like characterists.
My database is utf8_general_ci and i have the same problem on wamp and on online server.
This is too big problem for seo, so please, help me to fix it!!!
Thank you!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 3 months ago #225531

Hi,

First, it's not special characters. It's HTML entities. Search engines, like browsers, know how to read them so I don't see why that would be a problem.
Second, these are dropdown values. Dropdowns are not taken into account for SEO. So displaying them without html entities shouldn't help you at all regarding SEO.
If you want to have them taken into account, you should write them in the description, or in the meta data fields of the product like the meta description, or the keywords.

Finally, the other thread you wrote was in the showcase section of the forum. These messages are rarely moderated so it's normal that you didn't get any answer. I've deleted it from there.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #225803

Hi Nicolas
Happy New Year!
Thank you for your answer
I have read too many posts from you and you're very good and very detailed!
It's my first time that I use hikashop and you helped me really to customize it!
You're right, it's not special characters, It's HTML entities and it's true dropdowns are not use for SEO.
I started my eshop with prestashop, I bought quite expensive modules and after that I found that the code was full HTML entities,even the alt of images.
I read many posts other Greek developers who had the same problem and they all recommend solutions which they have not result. I asked for help from a master like you, but I hadn't any answer.
For this reason I decided to lose my money and the time which I had available and start from the beginning the hikashop, because I know the joomla very well and it has clean code.΄And I really don't understand why joomla has dropdowns with greek words and hikashop not.
Some masters seo write that HTML entities is bad for SEO, even that may be considered spam.
That's why, please, if there is a way to add options value to hikashop.ini to avoid HTML entities I would be your grateful!
Thank you very much
sorry for my english.. :)

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 3 months ago #225810

Hi,

HTML entities is indeed not a good idea for ALT, or title attributes, or for the product description, etc.
But as I said, it doesn't change anything for dropdowns, so you can ignore that.
HikaShop does that because some people add HTML tags in the values and it needs to be properly interpreted.
If you would change that, you would have to do that change in a core file of HikaShop, but you would loose the change at each update and you would have to add it again each time since we can't remove it on our end by default. So I don't recommend changing that.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #225887

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you explained to me, because I have already add HTML tags in some values!!
Thank you!!! :)

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds