-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : NONE

HI,

My problem is that when i am in a product, for example:

Product: "20 hours training"
Category: Boutique/class 1/driving course/

And i click on the French button in the top menu, it redirect me to the Home page of my website.

I would like to know how can i configure my Hikashop to recognize the link between a French product and the same English product. Also, for a category.

Here is some other information that can help you understand:
I installed hikashop and Falang. Everything is fine.
I opted for the translation by product. What I mean by that is in each product I am going to put the translation. (notice that not all the translation in English is done for now , but in the process of doing so)

My Joomla was not configured with Falang originaly but with the default language selection.

My boutique is tagged with "All language" in the menu configuration in the back end of my site.

Could you help me please?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 1 month ago #232033

Hi,

I'm afraid we can't help with that.
The switching of the language is done by either Joomla or Falang.
HikaShop just stores the translations in Falang and ask Falang to load the translations for the current language when needed.
It is not involved in the language switching.

Normally, to switch the language, you use the language switcher module that you can configure in the Joomla modules manager and it changes the current language without changing the page you're on unless the current menu item is not configured to be available for the language to which you're switching.
It seems that you're using that module and it works with the other menu items. So all I can think of is that there is a problem with your menu item settings. Maybe the problem is with the settings in the "associations" tab of the menu item ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds