Canonical url in one language issue

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #254918

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5

Hello!

I had removed all the canonical urls from products and i have the config option to "use canonical if specified".
Today i checked one random product and i saw that there was a canonical url created again. My default language is greek and i have also english. The strange thing is that the canonicals tha have been recreated are in english.
What is the correct way here?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 4 months ago #254927

Hi,

Canonical URLs on the product pages can be added in three ways:
- if you have the joomla SEF plugin enabled in the Joomla plugins manager (so check on that)
- if you have the canonical URL set in the product
- if you have the canonical URL set in the translations of the product (so check in Falang/JoomFish if you're using them).

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #255433

ok with that info, but the problem is that these canonicals are not created by us.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 4 months ago #255467

Hi,

There are only three ways that HikaShop can fill in canonical URLs automatically :
- You've configured a mass action to fill them one way or another.
- You've configured the HikaShop product cron update plugin to automatically import a CSV with product data including the product_canonical column.
- You've set the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "Use canonical URL and generate it if missing".

If it's none of that, then either the URLs were already filled before in one of those ways, or you (or someone on your end) entered them manually, or a third party extension is filling them on your website.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds