"Confirmation of your order" email not translated

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 9 months ago #272292

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

In general the email translation for en/de works but the "Confirmation of your order" email is always sent to the customer in English instead of German when the checkout was done in German. How would I debug that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 9 months ago #272295

Hi,

HikaShop, when creating the order stores the current language in the order_lang column of the hikashop_order table.
So you can check that this is set properly in your database via your phpmyadmin. If that column is missing, you might want to click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration in order to add it.
Then, the system uses that language when sending notification emails for the order.
It is done in the loadLocale function of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 9 months ago #272397

Hi nicolas

We seem to be having the exact same issue as described above, we have followed the instructions in regards of checking the order_lang column (the languages are appearing correctly in the database as "es-ES" for spanish and "en-US" for english, and so on). We have also tried the "Check database" in the hikashop configuration, but the issue still prevails.

This issue only seems to occur when the function onPaymentNotification(&$statuses) is called in the selected payment plugin.

6 years 9 months ago #272401

Hi,

The function onPaymentNotification calls the modifyOrder function which itself calls the save function of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php which then calls the loadLocale function I was talking about.
So it's really there that the debugging is necessary if you have a problem.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 9 months ago #272497

Hi Nicolas

I have looked into the modifyOrder function and the save and loadLocale function in order.php file, and everything appears to be as it should. This issue also seems to affect the paypal payment plugin as the confirmation emails sent from there after the payment has been processed aren't translated either, even though the initial "order placed" email was sent in the correct language.

In my attempt to locate the issue, I also noticed that when changing an order status manually in the backend and set the "notify customer" to yes, the email is translated but the subject is not. However, if you view a specific order in the backend and click on the "Email" button (Next to the invoice, shipping invoice and back buttons), neither the subject or email are translated.

It worked as it should before we updated from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1, so the update seems to have broken that functionality

6 years 9 months ago #272503

Hi,

I've checked the change log on my end but I don't see anything between the 3.0.1 and the 3.1.1 which could be related to that, and I also don't remember anything that could be linked to that going haywire with the update.

Could you provide a backend access, a FTP access and the instructions to reproduce the problem on your website ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 9 months ago #272556

In my case translation works now. Either we translated the wrong strings earlier or it was fixed with the tatest commit.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds