product categories get not translated

  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 0
10 months 3 weeks ago #279029

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.torbolesails.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.65

hello,

i have recently moved my site from local server to a webserver. After the transfer via akeeba i had to update falang (free) to the latest version. The problem is, that the product categories are not getting translated after the sitetransfer. i have controlled in the backend if the translation of the categories was maybe cancelled during the falang update, but they are still there - only that they are not working in the frontend. Now i have no idea what to do. Help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 63031
  • Thank you received: 9058
  • MODERATOR
10 months 3 weeks ago #279031

Hi,

If the translations are still there, then it's probably the falang plugin being unpublished or something like that.
I would recommend to contact the Falang support though. They will know better what can be the causes for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 0
8 months 1 week ago #284126

falangdoesn't offer support if you didn't buy the application what i didn't done so far and the problem still exist. i found in the forum a similar case with joomfish ( www.hikashop.com/forum/10-translation/36...-and-categories.html ). is this kind of problem also possible with falang (i have installed falang after hikashop)?

There is another strange thing going on. actually i have uninstalled falang (because i want to try another programm for the translation) but in the backend i see still the flags for the translation and my translation for the categories are still there. Shouldn't everything be gone when i uninstall the falang component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 63031
  • Thank you received: 9058
  • MODERATOR
8 months 1 week ago #284127

Hi,

1. Well, if you have caching on your website it could potentially happen. But you can clear your Joomla cache if you have any.
But normally, this just means that you didn't configure Falang according to their documentation and skipped some parts of it.

2. No. Most extensions don't remove their data in the database when you uninstall them. Imagine if you accidentally uninstall HikaShop (it happens) and you lost all the products, the orders, etc of your shop... So you sitll have all the data in the database and if you reinstall the extension, you'll still be able to manipulate the data.
And deleting the data in the database is easy, you can just go in phpmyadmin and drop the tables of the extension. That's a lot less likely to happen accidentally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 0
8 months 1 week ago #284159

no i am not tallking about the caching but about the other 2 advices:
******
- install again HikaShop on top of your current version. That will add the content elements for HikaShop in joomfish.
- copy the content elements from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/translations to administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements.
*****

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 22680
  • Thank you received: 3522
  • MODERATOR
8 months 1 week ago #284161

Hello,

Because the component was installed you were able to activate a setting in the HikaShop backend regarding the support of translations via third party extension.
Because that setting is on ; the interface is also on.
We do not perform the check if there is a translation system installed during the display of all pages ; we use the setting and perform the check only when it's really necessary.

Regards,


Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 0
7 months 1 week ago #285560

i have resolved that problem. it was just because somehow the database setting were changed to pdo when i transfered the site from my local server to internet. i have changed it back to mysqli and now everything is fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum