Product page translation

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #322906

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.calzevitrano.com/en/catalogue/cotone...nak-filo-scozia.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20

Hello,
on a product page, when I change language hikashop refers me to the category and does not display the product translated into the chosen language.

I use the Joomal system for languages.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 8 months ago #322914

Hi,

HikaShop has no control on that.
On a Joomla website, you normally have either the Joomla language switcher module or the Falang language switcher module to switch the language.
And you have the "System - Language Filter" plugin to handle the switch.
So I would recommend to check these settings.

3 years 8 months ago #322947

But Joomla for this operation both in the articles and in the menus, inserts the item "Associations" which in the Hikashop products is not visible, the translation is based only on the title and description.

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 8 months ago #322953

Hello,

Sorry for this return but we aren't sure to get your point about your last message, can you please precise your idea ?
Regards

3 years 8 months ago #322992

This function allows you to associate an article with different languages, for hikashop how can I associate a product with translations?

Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #323002

Hello,

In order to create different languages version for your products, you need to use a multi-langue plugin compatible with HikaShop, like Falang by example, have a look on our Demo page .
Hope this will help you to get what you need.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Philip.

3 years 8 months ago #323034

But if I install Falang, in a multilingual system managed by Joomla, does this create conflicts for me?

3 years 8 months ago #323074

Hello,

I'm not sure why you have these concerns, because Falang is supposed to be compatible with Joomla & HikaShop.
But if you have any concerns about a potential problem of interactions between Joomla & Falang, the best move for us is to ask this question to Falang supports.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 7 months ago #323269

Even Falang doesn't manager the switch.

When you are on a product page and you switch to another language using falang you are directly redirect to the frontpage.

3 years 7 months ago #323283

But there must be a way, because I saw a site among those that use hikashop and the language change on the product works here is the link: www.charlotterhys.nl/en/key-lime-and-gin...roduct/80-shower-gel

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by franchina.

3 years 7 months ago #323301

Hi,

I also think it is possible to do that with Falang, and the website of your example does use Falang there.
However, I'm not sure why pouce says it doesn't work with Falang. That's something you would have to check with Falang's support if it doesn't work properly, because as I said before, the switch is not done by HikaShop but by the switcher module.
And the fact that it works with the Joomla articles associations is just because joomla has some extra code in the switching system to handle that.

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 7 months ago #323318

Sorry it is possible but you have to use url canonical and tell for each product and each language the correct url canonical

Pouce

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #345751

I have a similar problem. I cannot find where to translate "Product Availability" and "in Stock". Couldf somebody help?

Attachments:

1 year 6 months ago #345753

Hi,

These texts are not in HikaShop. Looking at your screenshot, I suppose you're using a template which has a view override of the product details page with that text added there. So you'll probably want to contact your template provider to ask them how to do it.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds