Translations not working on product pages

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350221

Hi,

I have installed languages and in the /shop page it shows, but on the product pages themselves it siwtches back to main-language (Dutch) and only dutch shows. All language desctriptions are filled for most products so I figure somehow it should connect joomla languages and hika languages.
Can you show me what i have missed? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 weeks ago #350280

Is there a reason no one is willing to reply to my issue?

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 4 weeks ago #350286

Hi,

Sorry, we had miseed your thread.

From what I can see, it's probably an issue with the canonical URL.
If you set a canonical URL in the main product information, but not for each language, and you have the "force canonical URLs on listings", then the canonical URL will be used for all the languages and thus, based on the language tag in the URL it will switch to the language of the canonical URL when displaying the page.

So either:
- configure the canonical URL for each language of each product
- turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting in the HikaShop configuration. This won't be a problem for your SEO as the canonical URL will still be the only one referenced by search engines, regardless of the URL used to access the product page.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 weeks ago #350291

Thanks Nicolas,

I have tried to do mass action for this, as it works for canonical urls in the default language. Unfortunately for the other languages it doesn't seem to work. Can it be done? What should i set in the language tabs?

* I want to thank you for recommending RCAtheme as they truly are the best service i have come across in all the years i use joomla. If there is a way i could rate RCAtheme for other people's recommendation I will.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 4 weeks ago #350305

Hi,

The translations are stored in the file administrator/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini or language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini on your website.
A mass action "update the values" can only target the columns in the database. So you can use that action, like you did for the product_canonical column.

Generating dynamically the canonical URLs in the translation override file can be done with a PHP script, however, it's not simple. It will require a couple dozen of lines of code to do this at the very least.

Did you try first turning off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting ? Does it fixes the problem ?
Do you need that setting to be turned on ? For what reason ?

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds