• Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
10 months 10 hours ago #352727

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : No Matter
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

Hello,

I translated the description of a shiiping plugin in french, english and spanish via the language tab but on front-end just the french language is displayed.
Can you please tell me why?
Thank you by advance for answers

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by erix. Reason: Answer given from support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
9 months 4 weeks ago #352759

Hello,
Any ideas?

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 4 weeks ago #352781

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
I tried the same thing on my local test server and it worked fine.
How are the options configured under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration ? Could you provide a screenshot ?
Also, could you provide a copy of the language override file where the translations are stored for one of the languages ?
We might need a backend / FTP access to debug the situation directly on your website since we are not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

9 months 4 weeks ago #352788

Hi Nicolas,

Here is the screenshot you asked for :

Also, could you provide a copy of the language override file where the translations are stored for one of the languages ?

It is not an override, I write the translation directly in the plugin description, see attached below or in my first message in this thread

We might need a backend / FTP access to debug the situation directly on your website since we are not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

Of course, I will send you the credentials if you tell me how I can share it ouside the public part

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr
Attachments:

9 months 4 weeks ago #352797

Hi,

Unless you have Falang installed on the website, the translations are saved as translation overrides. So they should be in the language override file.
And if you have Falang, then the issue is not in HikaShop. It's probable that the Falang system driver plugin is not enabled or that the language is not activated as a content language or something.

You can provide the credentials via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you include a link to this thread for reference.

9 months 4 weeks ago #352809

Hi,
There is no Falang on this project. I just send you credentials by contact form.
Thank you for your help

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

9 months 4 weeks ago #352828

Hi,

As I expected the issue is with Falang. HikaShop can see the Falang tables in the database:
i.imgur.com/ZEIM6Ip.png
And thus, it stored the translations for your content there. However, since Falang was uninstalled, the translations are not set by the Falang driver system plugin.
So to fix the problem, either install Falang back, or delete the Falang tables in the database. Note that after you delete (rename) the Falang tables, you'll have to redo the translations for the elements you have in there (around 70 translations).

9 months 4 weeks ago #352840

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Good point about the Falang tables, I'd forgotten that some developers don't do their job properly and keep their tables after uninstalling, I'm going to remove all that quickly.
Question: if I delete the Falang tables, will the missing strings be made by Hikashop in the overrides or will I have to create them myself manually?

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

9 months 4 weeks ago #352844

erix wrote: Question: if I delete the Falang tables, will the missing strings be made by Hikashop in the overrides or will I have to create them myself manually?

I got it, I just have to rewrite the translation in the language tab and it appears in the override file.
Thank you for your support Nicolas ;)

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

9 months 4 weeks ago #352850

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Good point about the Falang tables, I'd forgotten that some developers don't do their job properly and keep their tables after uninstalling, I'm going to remove all that quickly.

I don't think it's a matter of doing their job properly. HikaShop also doesn't remove its tables from the database when you uninstall it, and we do it on purpose. Otherwise, we would periodically have someone come to us and complain after having uninstalled HikaShop and loosing all of its data because he thought he had to uninstall it first before updating or upgrading it, and of course, without any backup of the website or the database...
So we purposfully make it hard to delete the tables (you have to go in PHPMyAdmin and manually delete them... it's actually not hard to do, but if you do that, you know what you're doing and it can't be an accident).
That's also why there is no button to reset the data in HikaShop (some people asked us about adding this in the past). You can delete all the products, categories, users addresses and orders with a mass action, but if you do so, it can't be an accident.

9 months 3 weeks ago #353008

I probably misspoke when I said they weren't doing their job properly. What I meant was that some developers like Yannick Gaultier offer sample scripts during uninstallation to remove tables from the database. At least for agencies or integrators this serves as information on the persistent presence of tables in the database.

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds