problem with create a gift certificate

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #225432

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12

Hi! i read carefully documentation and many posts on the forum. I do not understand the basic functioning of hikaserial concerning creation of gift certificate.
i wanna create a gift card. An user must buy it to gift at another user: i try, the first user buy a product that is a gift certificate, on the order there is a serial number, another user use this serial on the field coupon before proceed to buy, but i've the error coupon isn't valid.
i do the follow step:
1. i create generator with coupongen plugin
2. i create a pack having 'pack generator' = the value create in step1, and in 'product' i add a product having his price.

Now happens that a user can buy the product 'gift card', the order is created, in the email order there is a serial on its foot.
On hikaserial, serial, i see a new serial create with 'used' status.
if an other user try to use this serial on 'coupon' field during a purchase an error says that the coupon is invald.

Certainly i not do some config step or i don't understand the hikashop functioning .
I attach the screenshot of coupongen, of pack and product
With regards
Roberto

UPDATE: i create a coupon on hikashop as template to link it on coupongen, but issue remain.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bf360.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 2 months ago #225439

Hi,

The "coupon generator" plugin will generate HikaShop coupons.
Please note that the "coupongen" plugin requires a valid coupon template in order to work properly ; as it is explained in his documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html

With your message update ; you said that you added a template.
If you didn't have a coupon template ; the plugin can't work at all. So the issue is totally logical because the plugin will just generate a serial and not a coupon.
So ; please provide details of your coupon gen plugin configuration and about your coupon template configuration.

Then, you'll need to check your HikaShop coupons in order to see what your "coupon generator" created.

More than that, the screenshot of your product configuration is currently not useful but it show that you have a javascript error in the website (the inputs for the upload) ; I think that you have a Joomla popup issue.
CF : hikashop.com/forum/install-update/879271...to-3-4-4.html#214269
(Please check the edited part in pointed message)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 2 months ago #225467

HI! tnx for your help...here i attach a screenshot of the configuration of coupongen plugin and of the coupon template.
tnx too for the suggestion about javascript error: i will correct it thanks the link.

Regards
Roberto

Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #225476

Jerome! i dont know how, but i wrong something yesterday.
Adding a coupon template and link it to at coupongen the system works correctly
Sorry for my oversight
i've another some question about hikaserial and his application, but i will open another post.

Thanks a lot

with regards
Roberto

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds