• Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 8 months ago #246722

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.36
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF - 47.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

I cannot use a coupon on an order under a different user. When I checked HikaSerial, it shows all of the coupons as 'Used', as shown below. How can this be?

Here are my settings which are the defaults.

If they are used on purchased, how can they ever be used on a subsequent order by a different person?

Can you see what I might have configured incorrectly?

Thanks. Luke

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 8 months ago #246754

Hi,

If you're using the "coupon generator" it will generate the serial AND an HikaShop coupon code.
The serial have not real use afterwards because it's the HikaShop coupon code that you will enter in the HikaShop checkout.
And that's in the HikaShop coupons that you should take a look in order to see how they have been generated and how they can be used.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
7 years 8 months ago #246758

Jermone,

I went back and updated my HikaSerial configurations based on the tutorial that you linked.

So I purchase a HikaShop product which is attacked to a HikaSerial coupon, purchase and upon confirmation, the coupon is generated but shown as 'Used'. Then if I send that unique HikaSerial coupon code to a different person who logs into a their own account, purchases a product and tries to use that 'HikaSerial' coupon code, then it tells them it is an invalid code. You say they have to use the HikaShop Coupon code which is fixed as a 'unique' coupon is not generated in the HikaShop Coupon table for the 'unique' HikaSerial coupon code. Is that correct? Then how would you ensure that a person is only using the coupon code that they have been assigned or given by another person?

7 years 8 months ago #246771

Hi,

If you want to generate serials that you can consume you have to activate that feature in the pack configuration.
Unfortunately, that is not the case because the setting "consumable serials" is set to "false".

Please follow step by step the tutorial which explain every points and every setting that you have to tweak.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html

If you want more details about the pack configuration, you can use that documentation page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...l#consumable_serials

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #246795

Jerome,

It looked like the only settings I needed to change was in the Pack setup, I needed to set the Consumable Serials from 'No' to 'Yes', so I did. I also change it to 'Unlimited Quantity' just to ensure that this wasn't the issue. In the Configuration, it does set 'Unassigned' coupon status to 'Unassigned' but I'm not sure exactly what that means. However, in testing, when I attempted to use a coupon code, it says "The coupon you entered is not valid". So I 'manually' changed the status of the one coupon from 'Unassigned' to 'Free to Use'. Attempted a checkout using the coupon code and got the same message "The coupon you entered is not valid".

Any other suggestions?

7 years 8 months ago #246819

Hi,

Where do you use the serial ?
The message "the coupon you entered is not valid" is a message telling that the HikaShop coupon code is not valid.
But an HikaShop coupon code is not a serial ; so it looks logical that using a serial where you have to enter a coupon won't work.

"Assigned serial" should be "assigned".
You should not set "assigned serial" to "free to use" otherwise every "free" serials would be available for consumption. It is far better to let only the "assigned" serial be available for consumption.

"Useable serial statuses" is used during the serial assignation ; it means that "free to use" and "reserved" serial can be pick up in the database when HikaSerial needs to assign a serial to the customer.
So a "free to use" serial can be assigned to a customer ; but regarding the fact that "free to use" serial is also the assignation state ; you're in a loop and you won't generate any new serial while you have one "free to use" serial in the pack.

When you have a serial generator ; the pack quantity is automatically unlimited ; the setting to force it won't have any specific effect.

You are using a "group filter" plugin which means that only users from that group can consume serials.
You are using "consume will check/assign user" which is in total opposition with the group filtering.

I still don't understand what you're trying to achieve and I don't understand where you can trying to consume your serials.
Please understand that serials are not coupon and if you're pasting your serials in a zone which is not related to HikaSerial it can't work.
Serial is not a coupon code.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #246847

Before I make any further changes, I want to respond to your comment "I still don't understand what you're trying to achieve and I don't understand where you can trying to consume your serials."

My client needs the ability to ensure that if a client can only use a coupon that it is restricted to the 'unique' serial code that was purchased by a professional who sent the code to the client.

1. Professional purchased a 'coupon' product that is linked to HikaSerial
  2. Upon confirmation of payment, HikaSerial creates a new unique serial code for that product. FYI, this is working!
  3. Professional sends the 'unique serial code' to the client.
  4. Client logs into the website, setups an account, purchases the 'program' product and goes to checkout.
  5. Client enters the unique serial code as their coupon to receive the 100% discount on the price, thus the product is free to the Client.
  6. Client completes the purchase, is assigned to a ACL group that has access to the program page, receives a confirmation email and, upon login, can view and play the program videos.

Now when I originally discussed this several months ago, I was told that AwoCoupon is what I needed so I purchased it, worked with the AwoCoupon techs but it didn't work. Later on, it was explained by someone at HikaShop (I can't remember the exact forum post), that what I really needed was HikaSerial. So I purchased that product and, although, it does create the unique serial code properly, from what you are saying, a client can't use that unique serial code to get the discount that the professional has purchased. If this is correct and you have to 'setup' a unique HikaShop coupon, then this is a 'serious' limitation. Why? For one reason, using a 'single' coupon code means that whoever has that code can get the discount even though we need it to be restricted to one person. For another reason, if you are getting hundreds of people purchasing these coupon products and HikaSerial is generating hundreds of unique serial codes which can't be used, then the administrator will have to log in on each order created/confirmed, create a 'unique' HikaShop coupon that will be sent to the client so they can checkout the program product, apply the coupon and get the program at no cost. This way you don't have a 'single' coupon code but a 'unique' coupon code for each purchase. This will create a 'maintenance' nightmare.

Now if I am totally confused as to your explanation on how this is suppose to work, I would appreciate a clear and concise explanation of how HikaShop / HikaSerial can automatically create the unique codes (which it seems to do) that can be used during checkout by a different person to obtain the unique discount.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas.

7 years 8 months ago #246850

Hi,

So you need to generate an HikaShop coupon thanks to the "coupon generator".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html
Thanks to the plugin, more than the HikaSerial serial, it will also generate an HikaShop coupon code with the exact code than your serial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #246863

Jerome,

I created the coupon generator as you recommended.

Here are screenshots of how I have everything setup.

Here is the HIkaShop Coupon for the coupon product.

Here is the HikaSerial configuration (FYI, tried this without and with 'Unassigned' added to 'Display serials for customer' and 'Useable serial statuses' fields.

Here is the HikaSerial Pack for the product:

Here is the HikaSerial Random Generator:

I created an order purchasing the coupon product. Here is the order details (two screenshots merged). As you can see the Pack Name with the generated serial code is included.

Here is the HikaSerial Serial record for the newly created serial.

Didn't work.

Can you see something that I don't have configured correctly?

Thanks.

Luke

7 years 8 months ago #246882

Hi,

Please take a look at your pack generator.
It is still displaying "randomgen" as the used generator.
So you're generating a serial yes, but not an HikaShop coupon that you can use in the checkout.

It's simple, once you have a working configuration, you will find the generated coupon in the HikaShop backend.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #246916

Jerome,

Thank you for your patience in getting me to a point that I 'now' understand how HikaSerial and HikaShop are linked. It is working. I knew it had to be something simple!!! Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. ;) Now two more things and I think everything will be great.

I set the quantity on the coupon to one per customer. So if I consume that coupon on one customer, it won't let me use it again on that same customer.. That's great. However, I can log into a different customer, place an order and use that same coupon code. I need for a coupon code to only be able to be consumed once period. Once it is consumed, I need that code to be no longer usable by 'anyone'. Which setting would I use to achieve this result?

Also, When I place the order for the 'coupon' product, before I was receiving a confirmation email which had the 'coupon' code in it. But in the last dozen or so tests, I am not getting the confirmation email as my one of my email addresses is used so I can get the emails. Any idea what might have happened or is there a place to check off so confirmation emails are 'always' sent?

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas. Reason: additional issue

7 years 8 months ago #246927

Hi,

In the coupon configuration, you can set a quota per user but also a global quota (quantity).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...rm.html#restrictions
There is no "user" restriction in HikaShop coupons ; so the coupon can be used by anyone but only one single time (if you use the quota and not the quota per user).

If you're not receiving the email it means that you have an error in the process (maybe email) or you have a plugin which stop the order processing on the trigger "onAfterOrderCreate / onAfterOrderUpdate" which is made before HikaShop send an email.

These two parts are related to HikaShop and not HIkaSerial ; if you still have the issue or more question about the coupons ; please open a new thread in the HikaShop forum section.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #246994

Jerome,

One more clarification as this deals with HikaSerial creating the HikaShop coupon and then I'll jump into HikaShop with any future problems with the email delivery issues.

As the HikaShop coupon is generated from the HikaSerial coupon generator, there is no option in the coupon generator for restricting the number of times that it can be used. In the Pack record, there is an 'Unlimited quantity' which is set to 'Yes'. If I set this to 'No' will it generate the HikaSerial Serial and the HikaShop Coupon with a maximum use of 1? If not, where is the setting where I can set it to limit the 'total' use of the coupon to '1'?

Also, if I were to make the settings to restrict the use of a coupon to '1' use total, would this stop a person from purchasing a HikaShop product (coupon) and purchasing multiple coupons?

In effect, I need this for each 'unique' serial coupon generated:

Thanks.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas. Reason: added screenshot

7 years 8 months ago #247023

Hi,

The coupon generator uses a coupon template, right ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #247048

Jerome,

Thanks for the 'funny' guidance. :P

I set the HikaShop coupon (used for the link on the HikaSerial Coupon Generator) settings for 'Minimum number of products', 'Quota' and 'Quota per user' to '1'. Under one user, I purchased the Professional product (coupon) which generated the unique HikaShop Coupon that had the '1' setting for all three fields. Under another user login, I purchased a client product, entered the 'unique' coupon code which reduced the price to 'zero' and checked out. I logged under a different user, purchased the same client product, entered the same 'unique' coupon code and it wouldn't let me use that coupon code as it indicated that it had already been used. Viola! Success! Exactly the behavior I have been trying to achieve for several months. Whew!!!! :cheer: :silly: :woohoo: :) :evil:

Thanks for your patience and guidance!

7 years 8 months ago #247051

Hi,

You're welcome :)

I'm glad that you got a good vision of the global process ; I am sure that it will help you in the future.
HikaSerial is not really complicated but it have a very flexible workflow with the different plugins, it's like a "swish army knife", a compacted toolbox...
At the end, the "coupon generator" just copy an existing coupon and his real task is to change the code (and also make the new coupon published).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #247561

Jerome,

I have another issue I can't resolve. If I order the 'Pro' version of the DWOC product, it does generate the HikaSerial and creates the HikaShop coupon. However, if I order the 'Client' version of the DWOC product and try to use the coupon generated from the 'Pro' version of the DWOC product, it will not allow me to use it. If I order the 'Pro' version of the DWOC product, I can use the previous orders coupon that was generated on the 'Pro' version checkout and it does apply the coupon.

So how can I set it so that coupons are only generated for the 'Pro' DWC and DWOC products (coupons only - not assigned to a Joomla group) yet can only be consumed on the 'Client' DWC and DWOC products (program product only - will be assigned to a Joomla group)?

7 years 8 months ago #247580

Hi,

I am sorry but I don't know all your products or how they are configured.
So I don't know how you have set-up "DWOC" ; but it is a product with variants, you have to put the serial configuration directly in the variants if you don't want serials for all variants (or different pack depending the variant).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #247588

Jerome,

This is probably a bit 'over the top' but I wanted to provide as much information as I could. In looking at this, I 'think' (but may be wrong) that the issue is in the Pack setup as I have the 'Divorcing without Children Coupon' in the Products list. I'm still a bit confused on why the products are listed here but is this the list of 'qualified' products that the 'coupon' can be used on? If so, then I need to have the 'client' 'Divorcing without Children' here. Am I on the right track?

Here is my setup for the DWOC (Divorcing without Children).

1. HikaShop Product - 'pro-dwoc - Divorcing without Children Coupon': This is the product that professionals will purchased to generate the coupon for use on the program product - client-dwoc
  2. Hikashop Coupon - 'dtb-dwoc': This is the core coupon for the professional 'pro-dwoc' product that is the template used by the HikaSerial coupon generator.
  3. HikaSerial Coupon Generator - 'DTB-Divorcing without Children': This is the generator for the unique serial code based on the HikaShop coupon 'dtb-dwoc' -
  4. HikaSerial Pack - 'Divorce Toolbox - Divorcing without Children': This is the pack that uses the 'coupongen - DTB - Divorcing withotu Children' and is assigned to the 'Divorcing without Children Coupon'
  5. HikaSerial Configuration - You know what this is!

HikaShop Product

Hikashop Coupon

HikaSerial Coupon Generator

HikaSerial Pack

HikaSerial Configuration

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by LukeDouglas.

7 years 8 months ago #247590

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots !

Your coupon should be unpublished so you will be sure that nobody can use it.
Otherwise it can be used by someone and it will affect his quantity so does the quantity of the new generated coupons afterwards.

The coupon generator do not need to have a variable discount. Your coupon is already for 100% of the targeted product price.
Setting a variable discount in the generator means that you set a fixed price regarding the product which generated the serial.

Because your coupon is targeting a specific product, if you want to sell coupons for other products you'll need a new coupon template and also a new pack and a new coupon generator.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds