If they dont pick the matching product they get an error message

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269631

-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Notice
The coupon you entered cannot be used for the products in your cart

After the buyer gives the qrcode or the serial code to another person(similar to a gift certificate or Eticket) scenario the receiver has to:
a. go to my website pick the matching product (if they dont pick the matching product they get an error message
Notice The coupon you entered cannot be used for the products in your cart)

In order to remove this error message and allow the receiver to redeem the purchase how do I set it up with one of these options?
I. In confirmation email it shows product and add to cart product link for that product ?
II. have the error message show the correct product and add to cart product link for that product ?
III. in language editor say pick a different product and add to cart product link for that product ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269641

Hello,

The message

The coupon you entered cannot be used for the products in your cart

Looks like an HikaShop message regarding his coupon system and not an HikaSerial message for the serial consumption.

If you want to use the HikaSerial features ; you might need to take a look at the plugin "product add" which allow to add a product in the cart when the customer consume his serial.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ductaddconsumer.html

And thanks another plugin ; you can be sure that the targeted product can only be add into the cart via HikaSerial consumption ; so you can propose a product with a special price.

Otherwise, I'm afraid that the issue you have with the coupon is only related to HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #269823

Looks like an HikaShop message regarding his coupon system and not an HikaSerial message for the serial consumption.

Thanks can I edit this message to have a link or to say something like "return to products page and add the correct product"?

If you want to use the HikaSerial features ; you might need to take a look at the plugin "product add" which allow to add a product in the cart when the customer consume his serial.

Yes exactly, that way they dont get the error message and they dont have to pick the product after receiving the coupon/gift certificate.
I am not sure that this plugin does that , in the documentation link it states
"When a user consume a serial ; that plugin can perform a special action and add a product into the user cart."
Yes perfect!
"Thanks to the setting "Block product" you can make the selected product impossible to buy except when using a serial.
Block product - Indicate if you want to forbidden the sale of that product to users without the appropriate serial
That setting requires the plugin HikaShop Product Add Check to work properly."
I dont want to block a product and I dont want to have to provide specific serial numbers because i would not know what they are until someone purchases a product.

And thanks another plugin ; you can be sure that the targeted product can only be add into the cart via HikaSerial consumption ; so you can propose a product with a special price.

Which plugin?
I dont want or need the price to be changed for this purpose but its a nice feature.

Thank you

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

6 years 11 months ago #269854

Hello,

Regarding the other topic ; I don't know what you want to do but I think you're not doing the right thing and you're going in multiple and wrong directions.
So I don't think it's necessary for me to answer to your questions here because it's not what you want.

More than that, it's is extremely difficult to understand you and you don't provide any kind of information about your configuration.
I need screenshot, I need to understand and it's all I'm asking you since my first message to you:

Please provide more details about your attach serial configuration ; your pack configuration ; your serial generator configuration.
Please understand that without proper information ; we are not able to understand your request and please do not mix HikaShop and HikaSerial questions in a same topic.

And please be sure to use appropriate "tags" when you want to make "quotes" so it become possible to understand the messages.
I'm afraid that I can't provide any useful support with these conditions.

But I will give you answers for your question, even if I'm absolutely sure that it would be more confusing for everybody.

1 - I told you in previous messages that an HikaShop coupon is not related to HikaSerial.
So what is the goal of your question while you are already aware that it's not related to component, to me and the support I provide here ?

2 - I don't even know what I can tell.

3 - You quoted the documentation in the previous point and it already mentioned a setting to block. So I don't understand the meaning of your question because you already have the plugin, you read his documentation page !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 11 months ago #269867

1 -

I told you in previous messages that an HikaShop coupon is not related to HikaSerial.
So what is the goal of your question while you are already aware that it's not related to component, to me and the support I provide here ?

Ok I will post this question in Hikashop

6 years 11 months ago #269870

Thanks,

Now regarding your original message:

After the buyer gives the qrcode or the serial code to another person(similar to a gift certificate or Eticket) scenario the receiver has to go to my website pick the matching product

A QRCode is just a way to encode data into a image and let a QRCode scanner decipher it.
If your serial is really a "gift certificate" so you should not use the coupon generator to create HikaShop coupons ; that's not how "gift certificate" or an "e-ticket" work.
But if the customer need to pick up a product and use a coupon to have that product for free ; that's really a coupon, and that's not a gift certificate or an e-ticket.

In any case, as I mentioned several times ; If you want some help from our team for you issue ; you have to give us your exact, detailed current configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds